Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Jane Stickle Cyber Sew Week 16- F1, A10, A11, A13, BR9

Blog Entries
    Hi guys, here is this weeks thread. I'm posting it now because I have a couple of questions for those of you who are ahead of me.

It appears to me that A10 could be pieced like a log cabin block then have the triangles and melon appliqued on top...is that how ya'll did it?

On the tri..... :shock: :?: Can you PP this with the curve or should I pp the "arcs" then just cut the curves from a template and sew those together???

The rest look pretty straight forward if not the easiest...at least doable. :wink: :D

Will look into that! PP I mean.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Hi guys, here is this weeks thread. I'm posting it now because I have a couple of questions for those of you who are ahead of me.

It appears to me that A10 could be pieced like a log cabin block then have the triangles and melon appliqued on top...is that how ya'll did it?

On the tri..... :shock: :?: Can you PP this with the curve or should I pp the "arcs" then just cut the curves from a template and sew those together???

The rest look pretty straight forward if not the easiest...at least doable. :wink: :D
    I did A10 exactly as you describe. With the tri, I made up a rectangle that consisted of two coloured sections with the background triangle in between, using PP methods, for each curved section, then I appliqued them to a background triangle.

Week 16
    Name:  Attachment-61849.jpe
Views: 64
Size:  86.6 KB

Blog Entries
    Thanks exactly what I was wondering....thanks for the info Lesley and for posting yours...they look wonderful too! I like your idea of appliqueing to the tri...but I might be brave enough to try sewing the curve...we'll see... Thank you!

Sharon...I was thinking about this all day...I don't think you can PP a curve like that...I don't think it would work... BUT...we can PP the arcs with that little tri between the 2 sections. :D

Lace, your blocks look great!

Lesley, Your blocks are perfection! :)

Is your background fabric the same weight as the batik fabric? I am curious because the background looks like a heavier weight muslin, or is it a different cream fabric? All your blocks are lovely.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wilhelmina
    Lesley, Your blocks are perfection! :)

Is your background fabric the same weight as the batik fabric? I am curious because the background looks like a heavier weight muslin, or is it a different cream fabric? All your blocks are lovely.
    It's Kona cotton Natural, so it looks like muslin, but handles like regular quilting cotton. Washes like a dream too. I bought a bolt of it (15 yards) from Hancocks of Paducah, and I still have a few yards left on the bolt yet, with only 41 blocks left to make. But I am going to use this same cotton for all the inbetween tris, so that will use up a fair bit. I am thinking of getting a wide batik backing, perhaps from Thousands of Bolts, if not, this fabric comes in a wide width too.

Blog Entries
    Lesley...your tris will look like they are "floating" won't they using the same fab as the "betweens"...how interesting!! :D

Blog Entries
    Well I finished A13,but am almost afraid to do the others,lol. Les yours look beautiful. Thanks for the tips,it will be easire now. Jolo

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Lesley...your tris will look like they are "floating" won't they using the same fab as the "betweens"...how interesting!! :D
    It will be the same as the latest posting on the main board, and yes, that's what I wanted, because I think all the work that goes into the tris gets lost with the coloured fabric either side of them. I am still trying to think of a nice design to quilt in those plain infill tris - Jane just did V shaped lines.

(Like this one:http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-43342-1.htm)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast