Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: January 1, 2013 Whirling Start 2 - Photo's.

Nelco, I love the colors and fabrics in your block-very striking.
    Andii

Quote Originally Posted by stampinteresa View Post
    I am so glad I am back on the quilting board. It has been several months after my dad's passing so I am looking forward to being back. I loved the photos so far. I may have to try one myself. Thanks to everyone for sharing. Teresa
    Welcome back, Teresa. Losing your dad is difficult but quilting is great therapy for the grieving process
    Joyce T, RN retired
    Laughter is the best medicine

Thanks for the encouragement.

Quote Originally Posted by lovngrandma View Post
    Hi Cajin, and Deborah, I to lived in LA all my child years from 4 to 17, first in New Iberia, Then in Loreauville, then moved to kansas Graduated High School, moved back to be wiht grandparents still living in Loreauville, married and had 3 kids, one born in New Iberia, 2 in Lafayette, we lived on the bayou, Teche,,,, still have soem faamily down there, we lost all we had with Hurricane Andrew, so moved back to kansas, oh man do i miss those crawfish boils, abd boudin, yum yum
    Yes I miss the crawfish and boudin. We usually get some every time we go. We try and go during crawfish season and we always come back with boudin to put in the freezer. It doesn't stay there long though. We can't help ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Msvelma View Post
    Hi. I just joined Quilting Board from Louisiana. This is my attempt at the January BOM. I had trouble deciding on colors but I think these will work.
    Love your block. The colors are great. Where are you in LA? I am from Baton Rouge. My parents are still there. I am new to quilting. I love seeing all the blocks but I'm scared to try it. I have never paper pieced.

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Teresa, I am sorry to hear about losing your Dad. Mine passed away on December 21st.

Nelco and Kris, your blocks are so cool.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Linda I love the colors of your block! So sorry you sprained your thumb!

Wow, Nelda, Your block is bold and bright! I love how your star really stands out.

I made a very pretty, almost perfect block with the batiks I bought. Trimmed it up and was ready to take a picture to share when I realized I had cut the seam allowance off the outside edge. So, I'll be making it again. I took four hours to carefully plan the colors and figure out where they go and make sure all the inner points and seams matched up perfectly.

Advice to all, if you are paper-piecing turn your block right side up and use your ruler to trim 1/4" from your outer points, do not rely on the printed pattern as you may have sewn or stretched a bit off. I found one side trimmed perfectly, two would maybe work, and one was cut right off the point, no way I could sew a seam to attach another block without cutting off the points of my star.
    :-)
    CAS

Blog Entries
    Your fabrics are wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
    On Sunday I got on a roll with my January block. Decided to quit for the night when I cut wrong line as I was pp. An hour later I tripped on a rug in my living room and sprained my right thumb badly. That joint already has arthritis pretty bad. I won't be be sewing, writing, rotary cutting or driving for a while. Sleeping last night was touch and go all night. Yikes. But, so far I am pleased with my section that I did finish.
    I love your colors! Can't wait to see all four pieces together.

Quote Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor View Post
    2bsmurphy, msvelma & sewextremeseams,
    love all your blocks. Same pattern but what difference fabric makes!

Thank you, Mimiknoxtaylor!!! It was a fun block to do!!

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 ... LastLast