Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: January 1, 2013 Whirling Start 2 - Photo's.

I uploaded a picture of what I had done but I think I used the wrong template. I used http://www.quilterscache.com/W/WhirlingStar2Block.html which is different that the one PatriceJ gave.
    Enjoying life to the fullest is learning to quilt and riding my motorcycle.

Blog Entries

Red face My Whirling Star 2 block

This is my first on line block of the month. Here is my block
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 

I uploaded a picture of what I had done (the flowered, orange and pink) but I think I used the wrong template. I used http://www.quilterscache.com/W/WhirlingStar2Block.html which is different that the one PatriceJ gave.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkling Lake View Post
    Attachment 391897 I am not sure if it uploaded. But if it didn't I am trying to make one section of the four. I have three sewn and when I try to sew the other side of the triangle to finish I get a tuck in the piece that goes to the border right at the intersection of the three. Does that help? Thanks for welcoming me. I really enjoy this group.
    April
    The way I put inserts is to match the points as point of your print fabric to the yellow point....sew just to the seam allowance back stitch. Take off machine rearrange and sew from the center seam allowance out to the sent and press the trainable unit flat with seam allowance toward the other two pieces. Hope this make sense
    Also possibly the triangle piece is a little off in size. I found block on EQ program and rotary cut my pieces according to EQ directions. Do not give up.

Judy in Phx, AZ
    Here I am Lord I am here to do your will.

Quote Originally Posted by judy363905 View Post
    The way I put inserts is to match the points as point of your print fabric to the yellow point....sew just to the seam allowance back stitch. Take off machine rearrange and sew from the center seam allowance out to the sent and press the trainable unit flat with seam allowance toward the other two pieces. Hope this make sense
    Also possibly the triangle piece is a little off in size. I found block on EQ program and rotary cut my pieces according to EQ directions. Do not give up.

Judy in Phx, AZ
    Thanks Judy. I finally got the right templates. I tried 4 times with the same results. Had given up till my neighbor figured it out for me. Made one that was great. But, I did it backwards lol. Did it again and it is ok. So... I now have 1/2 of a quadrant done!! YAH. Can't wait till tomorrow to see what the new one is.

January BOM

Well I finally did it. I actually have a quarter of the block done. At least I now know how to do a y seam that involves more than 2 pieces. Will have to finish the rest later.

Name:  DSC_0876_1998.JPG
Views: 202
Size:  1.85 MB

It looks beautiful, Sparkling Lake. Yes, you can!
    Andii

Quote Originally Posted by judy363905 View Post

Judy in Phx, AZ
    Thanks Judy. I finally got the right templates. I tried 4 times with the same results. Had given up till my neighbor figured it out for me. Made one that was great. But, I did it backwards lol. Did it again and it is ok. So... I now have 1/2 of a quadrant done!! YAH. Can't wait till tomorrow to see what the new one is.

Quote Originally Posted by Andii View Post
    It looks beautiful, Sparkling Lake. Yes, you can!
    Thanks for the encouragement Andii! I really enjoyed it. I haven't been quilting very long, just a few months so I thought the once a month block would help. It sure has!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkling Lake View Post
    I uploaded a picture of what I had done but I think I used the wrong template. I used http://www.quilterscache.com/W/WhirlingStar2Block.html which is different that the one PatriceJ gave.
    try using mine. LOL

if the photo is accurate, the problem is that you don't have the white triangle lined up correctly.
    it looks like you don't have a 1/4" seam allowance left when you get to the intersection of the three pieces.

that's why i recommend you print my templates.
    if you line up that template to the pieces you have already cut, you will see how to trim the points so lining things up is easier.
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

I also have an eddres you can use if you need to contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community: patricej@quiltingboard.com

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 ... LastLast