Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride >

Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

Old 11-24-2012, 12:04 PM

WOW!!!! This sure was a surprise ending...but I LOVE it...can't wait to get mine finished, many thanks for hosting us on this ride, it was loads of fun!!!!!
Old 11-24-2012, 12:14 PM

Judy, Judy, Judy thank you soooooo much for your time and sharing your talent with us. This is my first Mystery quilt ever and I cannot wait for the next one in February. You are very nice to do this for us. Thank you all for the food, drinks, and deserts. I will be getting off the train when it stops in Michigan, then the long walk home.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:18 PM

Judy - your blocks looked awesome. Keeping my fingers crossed on mine. Thanks for for taking the time to do this!
Old 11-24-2012, 12:18 PM

So by tomorrow all of you will have this completed right? I will be the one slowly coming in last place! I have all the pieces now to start the sewing them together part. That is not a one day job I am fearing. Maybe by Tuesday with any luck then the quilting begins.. now that is a much longer process. Judy thanks for teaching us week by week and the comment about breaking things down so they are not too complicated is correct. I have long looked at an irish chain quilt with admiration but said oh he..heck? no! and now I will have done it. TADA! hope it looks as good as yours does. Everyone remember to post so the slower of us can keep inspired. Thanks again. WAIT WAIT

A toast to our conductor, on the house! everyone join hands and sing .. something! Sure hope the train is ready to take off on a new adventure shortly!
Old 11-24-2012, 12:21 PM

Wow! I never guessed the end result -- didn't even come close. This really is a lovely design. Thank you for the great train ride!
Old 11-24-2012, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by frusratedquilter40 View Post
I know where Hamilton Montana is ! Welcome aboard. My sister in law and brother in law and all of there kids live there. What a small world. Have been there several times. Love your fabric choices appeals to my girl side Love your cat we have 2 lovely fur balls that share our home but not my sewing space as they like to steal things off my sewing table and I never see them again.
Hi Christine! Yes, small world, huh? We came from Washington and absolutely love it here in the Bitterroot Valley. Thankfully, my cats don't take my stuff (yet?). I'm going through a pink/white shabby chic phase right now; hope this color scheme works. I think I might have needed one of my 'darks' darker, we'll see.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:29 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]378298[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]378297[/ATTACH]

I am in love with this they are my colors but also my mom like these too. Thinking if I can get it quilted in time it may be for my mom for Christmas. Thank you again Judy you are awesome!
Attached Thumbnails mystery-quilt-001.jpg   mystery-quilt-002.jpg  
Old 11-24-2012, 01:57 PM

I will be able to finish mine when i can get my sewing machine off to the doctor. Poor thing ate a needle, once i got the needle out didn't ever want to work again. I can't believe that it happen a month before the holidays. I am so lost with it
Old 11-24-2012, 03:26 PM

Judy, I love it! I am debating on finishing like you did two smaller quilts for two twins I know, who just happen to have a Dec 22 birthday! Feel sorry for their mom, not only Christmas to deal with but TWO Birthdays!

Hey Linda-Brat, Darling girl it is not a contest to see who can do it the fastest! So allow your self to relax and finish at your leisure! It is my OCD that makes me do stuff as fast as possible, but I am going to allow myself to take it easy on this one!

I am going to put a few blocks together because I am "curious as all get out" to see the results! But the rest is going to wait! Hummmm, maybe I should send to you to finish for me ...

I just love the train rides, your ability to keep us all guessing Judy is amazing!

Blessings, Marybeth
Old 11-24-2012, 04:51 PM

Well, I worked on mine this afternoon & got the 4 corners done. Now to assemble the blocks, rows & quilt. Will do rest of assembly tomorrow. This is coming out just awesome! Even the stripes came out looking good!
Judy, while I was sewing, a thought crossed my mind...last mystery turned out to be a carpenter star, this one an irish chain variation. It's real funny, both were patterns I had just finished for longarm classes! Let's see.....what class am I going to take around about February so that you'll do a variation of that one too!