Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride >

Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

Old 11-25-2012, 12:57 PM

Judith, I hope you recover quickly from the shingles. I had them when I was 3 yrs old and still remember how terrible it was.
Carol, you are welcome to read through all the pages of this message but if you want to get right to the mystery quilt the post #s for the clues are near the top of this page (post #1133). Have fun!
Old 11-25-2012, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by shepardgirl2 View Post
OK everyone - at the risk of sounding dumb ;>)

Oh well, here goes....

How do I play this game... I'm all over it. Disabled, don't get out much, have literally thousands of yards of stash, and I can quilt and sew. Please let me know. I would really like to play along.

Carol
Here are the post #'s of the clues that Sunliten listed above. Just go to each clue and follow them in the order given.

first clue is post #1 on page#1 (page numbers will differ depending on your setting of how many posts per page)

clue#2 is post #264 page #27

clue#3 is post #494 page #50

clue #4 is post #694 page #70

clue #5 is post #843 page #85

clue #6 is post #954 page #96

Clues #7 & #8 are post #1092 page #110
Old 11-25-2012, 02:17 PM

Hello, Carol! Welcome to the board. This thread is a Mystery Quilt that paintmejudy has designed and has posted clues for us the last 7 or so weeks. Yesterday Judy posted the last clues for us to see the solution. SunlitenSmiles, on post # 1133 reminded us where all of the clues are so you can go back and work on the clues and join us! I think clue #1 gives the fabric amounts and a guideline to select your colors. If you join feel free to post pictures of your fabric choices and progress as you complete a clue.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:20 PM

Thank you, Pam. I can't even imagine having shingles at 3. Chicken Pox was bad enough without the added element of the nerve tingle thing!
Old 11-25-2012, 03:06 PM

Shingles is a dirty word as we age. The last time I had them was at least 15 years ago. They were on my face and involved the eye so I ended up with a detached retina. And, of course, they started just as school started that year which greatly complicated things.

I am finishing a Spicy Spiral before I finish this quilt. I hope I have it done in time to post here.

Those pears are making me hungry. I made a good apple bar dessert for Thanksgiving. It would be good with pears, too. The recipe is in the recipe section here, though I added more sour cream, another egg and dropped the flour in the filling. Pear bars coming up. Who's going to make the coffee?
Old 11-25-2012, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
oh, I love the Cat Fabric! Where did you get it Sunni? I have 3 cats one is strictly out doors and the two that are in the house hang out in my sewing room all the time, they are usually not interested in much except laying all over my fabric and quilts, but Bella, my princess, likes to sit in my lap when I sew.
Mary, you can find the fabric at Joann's...http://www.joann.com/novelty-cotton-...om/xprd944443/
I hope you can open the link.. I've had this for a long time, used in w/quilting - even made a blouse from it..It's just a cheerful print..

Jean
Old 11-25-2012, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
Shingles is a dirty word as we age. The last time I had them was at least 15 years ago. They were on my face and involved the eye so I ended up with a detached retina. And, of course, they started just as school started that year which greatly complicated things.

I am finishing a Spicy Spiral before I finish this quilt. I hope I have it done in time to post here.

Those pears are making me hungry. I made a good apple bar dessert for Thanksgiving. It would be good with pears, too. The recipe is in the recipe section here, though I added more sour cream, another egg and dropped the flour in the filling. Pear bars coming up. Who's going to make the coffee?
Sorry to hear about your shingles, and not trying to derail the train (oh, it's at the station, so we should be okay), but as soon as you reach 60 years young, you can get a shot that will help prevent shingles. It's worth it. Please spread the word. Shingles can cause blindness, and other also very serious complications. If you had chicken pox as a child, you can get shingles as an adult. Detached retina...were you able to have it repaired in time? My, I sure hope so.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:02 PM

Laughing...cat print was in my Darling Daughters' stash.......just knew you would like it ...giggle

Carol welcome aboard, come and sew with us, part of the fun is not knowing how the blocks will finish and the setting but it is a great pattern and broken into very friendly 'pieces/clues'.

Knowing this group we will all be finishing up for a couple of months and sharing progress here......then.... next year sometime......there may be a Fourth MysteryTrain With Judy....I hope,I hope,I hope.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:10 PM

Judy, does the quilt have a name other than "Third Mystery Train with Judy"? I'd love to put a name on the label and the only train "name" that comes to mind right now is Chattanooga Choo Choo, which doesn't particularly relate to this one. I really hope you get a chance to publish the pattern -- it's definitely one I'll make again.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:19 PM

Thank you Judy for a fabulous first mystery quilt. I have enjoyed every moment. I love the blocks and will be putting them together over the next weekend then I will post a picture. I'm so pleased with myself becuase if I had seen the pattern before starting I probaby would have thought oh no to hard. You made it very simple to understand. I will be looking forward to your next train trip!