Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride >

Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

Old 11-29-2012, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
WOW are you so fast! I love the red/white it turned out great. Lets see if the post will allow a pic of my progress here not sure how I like it yet but still hopeful ..[ATTACH=CONFIG]379077[/ATTACH]
WOW.............your blocks are awesome too. I can't wait to see your quilt all put together!!
Old 11-29-2012, 01:46 AM

thought, i would just nose at 4:30 this morning and not sign in, BUT

cindy, that is so amazing. love the colors, and the quilting. wish i could do that, or afford to have that done. when i get someone to do my quilts for me, i get them to do easy, panagrams, or etc. just 40,50, or 60 $ that way. or i do them myself. but could not even begin to do that kind of quilting. started a craftsy quilting class, but didn't finish it, because i broke my arm/shoulder last winter. supposdly, the class is a 'forever' class. just sign back in and do some more. have meant to do that, and see if it really is a 'forever' class.
RED AND WHITE. wow. classy

mary todd, there is a V.A. hospital in ann arbor. i think, i will check them out. i would luv to give something to a lady vet. wonder, if they would see that it got right to a 'lady vet?"

Last edited by sewNso; 11-29-2012 at 01:50 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:40 AM

good to see i'm not the only one keeping vampire hours! your quilts are great, ladies! i'm glad i didn't make mine all polka dots as i had planned! now i will look for some solids to mix with the dots. double dots in hst's and bright colors might be even to much for me!
thanks for the reminder of female vets! i feel dumb not to have realised that on my own. i'm sure they could do with some pick-me-ups, too.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:19 AM

Elisabrat, that is going to be sooooo purdy. Love the colors in all of the posted pics. Guess I need to get off the computer and do up mine? LOL
Old 11-29-2012, 05:01 AM

gosh to repeat those ahead of me.Geeeeeerogouse(u get the idea) gorgeouse yes beauty yes /it will be loved whomever gets it.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by sewNso View Post
thought, i would just nose at 4:30 this morning and not sign in, BUT

cindy, that is so amazing. love the colors, and the quilting. wish i could do that, or afford to have that done. when i get someone to do my quilts for me, i get them to do easy, panagrams, or etc. just 40,50, or 60 $ that way. or i do them myself. but could not even begin to do that kind of quilting. started a craftsy quilting class, but didn't finish it, because i broke my arm/shoulder last winter. supposdly, the class is a 'forever' class. just sign back in and do some more. have meant to do that, and see if it really is a 'forever' class.
RED AND WHITE. wow. classy

mary todd, there is a V.A. hospital in ann arbor. i think, i will check them out. i would luv to give something to a lady vet. wonder, if they would see that it got right to a 'lady vet?"
The Craftsy classes are forever, so you can go in & watch & learn from the beginning or pick a chapter to do. I just took Kimmy Brunner's class on templates & Cindy Needhams class too. Annie's has started doing quilting tutorial videos also. Not many so far, but some interesting ones. Go back in & finish. I'd love to see your progress.
Thanks for the kudos! I had a lot of fun quilting this one. I understand cost constraints, but sometimes a quilt just calls out for more than something simple. Believe it or not, they'll talk to you for design. Grab your pencil & paper & just start doodling. You'd be amazed at what you can transfer from pencil to machine! Just have fun!
Old 11-29-2012, 06:25 AM

everyones quilts are beautiful , i was pleased with mine, im gifting mine to my youngest GGD for her 2nd. birthday in February , i'll bind it in the dark brown thanks again judy for doing this mystery i really enjoyed it
Attached Thumbnails 100_1257.jpg  
Old 11-29-2012, 07:56 AM

Oh my Cindy, you outdid yourself - that is just gorgeous. I've got mine ready to set together, it's different color choices for me, think I'm going to like it. Brat, and anyone else in question about their choices - you'll be surprised how different it will look quilted.. As a sew buddy told me one time "don't EVER not finish a top"....I've tried to live by that and it works..lol Great job everyone.

I don't post a whole lot, but do read the postings. Thanks Judy - I've made all your mysteries, can't wait til the next one...;o)
Old 11-29-2012, 08:22 AM

Esther, yours is beautiful too! It's amazing the difference it makes to get it all put together. You chose the perfect color for that small border.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:10 AM

I love the red/white quilt. It came out just right.

haylillian, the pink is very pretty.

I am to the 9 patches. My F-C looks too dark, but I anxious to get it together, so I'm going ahead with it.