Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride >

Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

Old 12-03-2012, 08:52 AM

Judy no disappointments here. I scraped through the fabric I had on hand and was not happy with what I found...at first. Now that it is coming together, slowly but surely, I am happy. The pattern is so beautiful I wish I had had money to go out and buy fabric just for this mystery quilt. Planning on making a second one when I can shop around for some special fabric. I am sure I would have been intimidated by all the pieces if I had seen the quilt before I started. So much easier than it looks. A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND TALENT. I am going to put this one on my bed. Can't show pics at this time but will do so soon.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:55 AM

I'm certainly not disappointed either. As soon as the Christmas rush is over, I'll have two beautiful quilts with one fun pattern. No question that I'll jump on the next train when it passes by -- no matter how many colors are in it!
Old 12-03-2012, 09:05 AM

It makes me sad that anyone said anything upseting.....this mystery train has always been a group of friends (sorta virtuial - ok i see that) and a sharing of an adventure, with resulting quilts and sometimes new methods learned. It is pure fun ! a Mystery ! a happy place to share time doing what we enjoy/love and create something also.

Judy, I will never be able to thank you enough for this wonderful time/space/community you bring together.

And what Katy just said......same goes here !
Old 12-03-2012, 09:10 AM

I enjoyed this train ride and Judy you did a great job! I feel that since this is a mystery quilt (my first), we do the best we can with our color choices and if we have to change things around at the end, then so be it. I knew I would have to be flexible if my fabrics didn't quite work. I like the changes sulabug made to her pattern, and I like that we can make two separate quilts if the colors just don't work together. Be creative with what comes about. This was a fun pattern and I will be making it again. I'll be on the next train too! Thank you, Judy!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post
It makes me sad that anyone said anything upseting.....this mystery train has always been a group of friends (sorta virtuial - ok i see that) and a sharing of an adventure, with resulting quilts and sometimes new methods learned. It is pure fun ! a Mystery ! a happy place to share time doing what we enjoy/love and create something also.

Judy, I will never be able to thank you enough for this wonderful time/space/community you bring together.

And what Katy just said......same goes here !
ditto to this
Old 12-03-2012, 10:18 AM

Default mystery quilt

Not happy with my color choices but it looks ok and not too Christmacy looking.Loved every part of the clues and plan to make another one real soon.How about all scrappy so I can make a big dent in my scrap bags........
Attached Thumbnails dscn0851.jpg  
Old 12-03-2012, 12:40 PM

Mary, you may not be so happy with your color choices, but I love them I think it looks great, good job
Old 12-03-2012, 12:47 PM

Judy I am happy with the way it turned out just had to change what was light and dark on one block not your fault it waswhat I chose as the dark when I should have chosen the other. Because I would have red as the outside color on bith blocks not a big enough contrast to make those standout. Not your fault at all it was the fabrics This was mt first train ride with you and everyone else and I was not disappointed and can't wait till the next one!
Old 12-03-2012, 03:18 PM

I like it too but pics sometimes change the way the color is when you're standing in front of it ask me how I know this, heehee.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:12 PM

Oh, Judy, I don't know who could be so mean as to PM you when you provided an original pattern, gave us your time to figure out how to keep the mystery just that, a mystery AND gave us time during the week to help those of us who are perpetually confused (me!) with all of us ending with wonderful quilt tops. That nasty person should be banned from the next trip. What a negative Nellie!! Sheesh! Or else that person needs to apologize. There are no rules to your mysteries, except the ones you make. If that person wants to follow certain rules, they can do their own mystery. Sorry to go on, but these mysteries of yours keep me sane and help me feel connected. I love them!