Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride >

Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

Old 12-17-2012, 07:44 AM

Well she can always give it to her cat. Thanks for the nice words everyone. I will look at that method. I am going to get a wall pin board (?) after the holidays oh oh a design board? and hope we can attach it with say a strip of board at the ceiling wall level? so that I can pin and hang it I think that will make this soo much easier for me. Also I am sending out for quilting anything larger than a wall hanging. I just cant get into shoving things in the machine. Its hard work. I say this now.. right after a long night. today is another day. Cookies and table runners. sewing for.. FUN ah now that is good.And I will never piece a back again I hate it. why it looks ok on others quilts I dont know but for me its beyond my happy spot.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:03 AM

I think it looks great! Those binding corners you did are perfect, good job miss brat!!!! Be proud..
Old 12-17-2012, 09:47 AM

Elisa, it's great. Love the scrappy back. And no one will notice a few wrinkles in the back, trust me on that.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:39 PM

Elisabrat - I'm with the others - I think it looks just great! No one pays much attention to the back anyway. I bet your relieved to have it finally done and out of your way! Hurrah, and move on to a new "fun" project!
Old 12-17-2012, 05:58 PM

I was able to finish my Mystery Quilt this weekend. I watched my grandson on Sunday all day and was able to sew while he napped. What a good boy!! Anyway, I must say a big Thank you to Judy for doing this. If I had not done this mystery quilt, I probably would have never tried anything like this pattern. I really love this quilt. I knew from the beginning that I wanted to do it in Autumn colors. It still needs to be sandwiched and quilted but I couldn't wait to show it to you. The dark color is green. (Looks black in pic)
Attached Thumbnails pc171567-small-.jpg   pc171568-small-.jpg  
Old 12-17-2012, 06:18 PM

ooohhh that came out reallly nice. the first pic had me all cross eyed wondering how did you get it so square the lines and then duh I see the next pic you must have been shooting at a corner to corner angle the first time. phew had me thinking how did I get so confused when putting mine together! I wasnt! tada! I really liked the commadre that comes with working together you know? it was oh so fun and ..well pushing each other just by seeing a post oh I finished i finished ahh better start sewing! and it kept me onmy toes and from getting distracted easily which happens here all the time. only a couple more weeks.. I am excited. I have some bright fabrics.. turtles etc that I was going to use in a baby quilt wonder if I can use them in the next scrappy quilt.. they were a gift from a friend and well mystery is a good choice for me .. no idea where and how to use them otherwise. about five or six fq's for sure. plus all my scraps. Or would it be better Judy to plan on pure scraps I have oodles of those too.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:51 PM

Elisabrat, I think your's looks fine...Like the Amish say, 'every quilt must have a mistake in it to prove it was handmade' (or something like that, lolo). The backing is fine, you've worked on it so long, (and when you're tired) - after you have rested and left it for a while, it'll look different to you..;o)

Sustraley, your's is really pretty too. I'm getting mine done, slow but surely, seems there's a holiday coming soon that has kinda taken precedence over some things...lolo

Merry Christmas to everyone.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:45 AM

Merry Christmas is right. I hope everyone finds a moment of peace along the way. Right now its midnight the Christmas tree is lite and the rain is softly hitting the roof and windows. This is peace for me. A kitty on my lap purring and I am not even petting him. I am very thankful for so many things. Its Christmas for me in my heart all the time.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:15 AM

Elsabrat you are too hard on yourself. I think the quilt is beautiful and the quilting looks fine to me. The back is a 'good 'ole scrap back' and I love those as much as I do the quilt fronts. Oftentimes I will use one of my quilts back side up just to see larger chunks of the fabric on the front. It reminds me of my grandmother's quilts.

Be proud of what you did. Once you get some sleep things will look much better.

Last edited by IBQLTN; 12-18-2012 at 05:20 AM.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:21 AM

Sustraley your quilt turned out so very pretty! Great job!