Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride >

Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

Old 10-17-2012, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Chester View Post
I'm not sure if there is enough contrast in my choices. Aslo, they are turned around -
my fabric should probably go b-a/d-c the bottom is brown for e and the top is white for f (or vice versa)
What do you think?
I like these a lot, very soft and soothing.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:11 AM

I discovered a problem, the pieces I thought were 2 yards....some are one yard, now I know why some sort fabric by yardage not color .... so this morning I am going thru stash again because I "have to" spend 7 hours today at the LQS sewing with a group of very talented quilters who will have some awsome show and tell...sigh, and there will be four walls of fabric and thousands of bolts on display.......
temptation.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
I like those as well (yes I"m having fun filling up the forum with my posts tee hee)
Where are your fabrics??? You got me interested to sign up, so you better be joining in!! LOL
Old 10-17-2012, 06:06 AM

OH I am soooo sad for you Sunlits I would be dragging my feet to get to that event (and pulling all quarters nickels and dimes together just in case there might be a tiny piece of fabric I NEEDED). sounds marvelous.

I went through my two bins of fabric. My sis donated a bunch to me recently and it was all.. well her choices of fabric which is fine but I had to go by yardage also hence the odd combos I came up with. That literally was all the large yardage I own. I would love a couple more opinions. I will put D back in the bin as well so far its a failure which is fine. so nix D now that leaves four other combos to vote on so vote please so I can put the rest away.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:13 AM

ok grand idea I am putting B away also so the choice drum roll is first pic, third picture or fourth picture or mix one any combo of those fabrics. Now I am open to voting! please I am so stumped.. oh Judy where for art thou? Judy whooo whoo Jaba whooo whoo. the rest of you.. whoo whoo (or is that chooo chooo?) breakfast anyone? I think zuccinni muffins with orange honey butter? or some nice toast with homemade strawberry jam and a pot of hot tea?
Old 10-17-2012, 07:34 AM

Irishrose, I agree with you. I'd also look at the pale pink from the 3rd pic instead of the D ( pink and white roses) in pic 1. Think you could also go with Pic 4 except change out the dark on the far right to a lighter shade maybe? Think that was labeled for the binding though, (should be back and read carefully ) so maybe you could just wait until it's done and see what you like.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:17 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]370529[/ATTACH] This choosing fabric thingie really makes me "itchy, " Judy. So I've numbered what I have (because it would be easier to say #1 should be A), but I have no ideas which way they should go. Can you tell me what order you think they'd be best? I will have to buy a #6 and will buy others if you think these color values won't work. Just tell me what you think. I promise not to "go off on you!" Some folks have thin skins, but I can take it. I think. Possibly. Well perhaps. Maybe. I think I'll just go whimper in the stash closet awhile.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 10-17-2012, 10:23 AM

Sunliten, PM me if you need more Feb. violets by Ro Gregg
Old 10-17-2012, 11:45 AM

The picture did a somersault!! Wow! Last time I checked it was right side up. Hmmm...this trip is already interesting! I have beef stew, green salad, and frozen yougurt with homemade blueberry sauce ready for dinner. Who's ready?
Old 10-17-2012, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
Cindy I am RED with envy. I wanted my next quilt to be a red white quilt but hadnt purchased all my fabrics yet just two and not 1.3 yards. I was sort of hoping to hear 1.25 might work for D or some good news like that. I have one could be set, two almost sets with four differrent fabrics I guess I go back through the bins all two of them, pull anything 1.3 yrds or bigger put t on the table and see if something pops out at me. I am fortunate for the gift fabrics I receive but they are usually left overs from quilts etc. I have a TON of red/white polka dots. However they are the cut outs say from someone who made mass little girl dresses ? its the neck cut out portion of fabric but easily three yards worth if you could tape it all together... but no bigger than two hands worth at a time. so without knowing if something like this can work it goes back in the bin. I will be sew happy to watch your quilt play out. I think what the heck if I cant do it I can enjoy it from afar.
Jaba love your combo, the Christmas colors in the quilt on this page are great oh so many of them are great. I am struggling with this huge contrast but have faith that it is going to work. It sounds like its in small enough pops as there is less of the fabric than the rest or its a frame? (clues come on everyone who is good at this .. clues for the clueless?)

I have an 18" zuccinni staring at me. I think its zuccinni pancakes tonight what the heck, and the other 16 " will have to wait til tomorrow unless anyone wants some? little s/p and a dollop of sour cream they are pretty darned good all crispy.. here train riders over here! maybe if enough join me in this little treat I can use oh another 2". Last week I made two HUGE loafs with cream cheese frosting and it was only a 12" zuccini. sigh. that is one huge zuccinni. spell check. I am tired just staring at it. saw a recipe today in foodtv mag it was for mac and cheese. It had 8 or 9 cups of cheese in it. IS THAT REAL? never made it from scratch but that seems like well a ton of cheese.. bet its good but 8-9 cups.. if its non calorie and I make it can I serve that here or only sweets? let me know hate to bring the wrong thing.
Our favorite way to use up zuchinni is: place a large skillet on the stove with some(? 2-3 T) olive oil on med heat and slice up a large onion and saute til soft; slice up the zuk and add it to the sauteing onion; at this point you can also some sliced pepers (green, red, or hot) and saute til soft. When all the vegs are soft add 3 or more chopped garlic cloves and sautee until soft (not burned, unless you like them that way....I do). Meanwhile, be cooking pasta (spaghetti is great, but anything you have in the pantry will do) to al dente and drain. Place onion, zuk, etc into pasta pot and had 1/4C parma to mixture and toss....s/p along the way. Another favorite is Zuch bread.