Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride >

Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

Old 10-22-2012, 03:55 PM

Caroline, here's a picture of the new quilt inspector in training. We named her Tabby...short for Tabitha. And she's definitely going to be in inspector! She spent the day in the studio with me & tried catching the fabric as it came out the back side of the throat, or tried to catch the needle going up & down. I was working on a scrappy bow tie & had all those little pieces in a plastic basket next to the machine & she climbed in, put her head on the edge so she could watch the sewing & went to sleep! Too bad I didn't have the camera there, it was so cute! How about some Halloween cake for dessert tonight??
Attached Thumbnails kitty1.jpg  
Old 10-22-2012, 04:21 PM

oh a kitty with eye crusties.. does she need a little antibiotic for them? she is adorable and if she loves the needle going up and down maybe she can play with Roy, he needs someone who likes the stuff he loves too! He is my newest quilt inspector. I have one who likes to chew the thread off the spindle at top (argh) and another who likes to bat the needle (ROY) and another who waits for the scraps to hit the floor (I am a not to neat quilter) and another who thinks it all sucks and bites my feet to get my attention. (it works) other than zero help.

ok extra cheese, homemade chocolate covered cherries BOY AM I IN and did someone mention booze? its it coctail time AGAIN? goody. ok no calories nothing bad for you sign me up. And the pink/pink is great love seeing them morph into quilt blocks. good to see you all today. I really dont want to prepare any dinner. cereal would be lovely. something says my sweetie would look at me like I lost my antlers. and red nose.. so ugh, dinner again. for you guys: made roasted eggplant, carmalized onions with balsamic vinegar served ontop of french bread rounds while hot with herb feta cheese sprinkled with a heavy hand on top.. serving in the last car for anyone who pops on last second!
Old 10-22-2012, 04:32 PM

I just got her Saturday & today she really went exploring in the studio. I think she found every nook & crannie of Queenie, as well as the sewing machine! Right now she's trying to help me type! Guess she wants to say hello too! Hear her little motor running??
Old 10-22-2012, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by chefbwarner View Post
I just don't know about you all. Eating candy, eye candy, booze lol lol food and more food. Having a good laugh here. And so I don't have to scroll back and look for a name, the lady in Crestview??? The only place I go is Margie's and it's been a few years for that. I'm actually afraid to go again. Last time I bought a new machine. But I love it
I live by Margie's & I try not to go too much anymore...I owe alot of my stash to her shop & 5 machines too! I know what you mean!!! Right now I'm cramming for the craftshows, trying to get secret santa stuff done, trying to catch up with the BOM on the board & another BOM from Cranton Village that I'm 3 months behind on. I don't have time to do much else!!! I hope to cram alittle time in for this mystery in here too, so I don't have to try to do it all at once before it ends...I want to be surprised too. I decided to change the rick rack fabric I had for my 1st pick since I know it would really bother me if it goes willy-nilly. I've decided to use that fabric on the back & piece the front fabric leftovers with it to be large enough if it isn't already...trying to post a pic.
Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg  

Last edited by VickiM; 10-22-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:42 PM

Vicki I think that is a great Idea ! what a fun back that will be....
Old 10-22-2012, 07:26 PM

I got my fabrics today - of ALL the fabric I have, nothing had enough yardage to work with the pattern. Oh well, gave me a chance to go shopping...waaahaahaahaa. I was lucky that a big sale was on and I got all at 50% off..yeaaaa Here's a pic of my choices - will cut & sew tomorrow.. They are left to right - ABCD, E&F top and bottom...The color scheme is totally outa my realm but thot what the hey!

Jean

[ATTACH=CONFIG]371812[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails judys-3rd-mystery.jpg  

Last edited by Oksewnsew; 10-22-2012 at 07:27 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-22-2012, 08:27 PM

Hi. I'm very interested in this mystery quilt project....has the second week entry been released yet.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:34 PM

marcellelee, The second clue is on page 27. Post 264, I think. The third one will be Oct 26.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:13 PM

Home again~ filled with the dang fluie coldie cruddy crud~ but I am checking my stash for some good fabric to use on mystery #3.

I love the selection you have all picked, Where did you get that cute Rick Rack fabric, it is so cute! I am really into making 4t dresses for a cute Princess that I just spent 10 days with! She had me wore out on day 2! But I am a happy granny!

my hubby is afraid of me! hehe, says I picked up baby germs! could be... OK I will be back with my selections in a day or two, hope to have my HST's done by Sat time for next clue!

And I loved Washington as always the colors are wonderful this time of year! I am glad she is an October Baby so I get to go there during my favorite time!
Old 10-22-2012, 10:16 PM

And you kitten reminds me of my tiny ball of fur, Stewie, when he was first with us, now he is pushing 20 lbs and ornery as the day is long! His sister Bella, my sewing partner loves to inspect not only quilts but sized 4T dresses!