Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 59 of 157 FirstFirst ... 9 49 58 59 60 69 109 ... LastLast

Thread: Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by haylillan View Post
    here are my hst's all finished ,i sure dont know how it happened but 14 of my blocks stripes go one way other 10 go different but i'm useing them any way
    i think i figured out how i cut strips wrong i may chang them as i have plenty of fab
    esther

Just read "My Berlin Kitchen". If you are of German heritage or love to cook, I recommend it. By Luisa Weiss.
    Made plum butter, pflamenmus in my crockpot. I'll bring it at the next stop!
    Dotty in NYC

Judy, I'm so glad you're back! I hope you're getting around better now. I was so confused when you suggested that I not use both browns until I went back to look at my picture. There's no fabric behind the "D?" marker -- it's sitting on a dark brown wood table! I posted a photo later after I found the teal fabric for "D". Here are Clues 2 and 3.
    Name:  QB MysteryClues 2 & 3.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  222.1 KB

Judy - good to hear you are mending. As someone who is prone to back attacks, I really feel for you. Thanks for your good words. Not stressed, just confused. But the good folks here unconfused me and I think my final choices will play well together. Get thee well -- we need our fearless leader back.

Anyone for nachos topped with my homemade peach salsa? I packed my toaster broiler just to make them. If it's cold enough I could also whip up a batch of Abuelitas Mexican hot chocolate -- a concoction to die for if you haven't had it.

Blog Entries
    Welcome back, Judy! It's good to hear that you are on the mend. Just take things slow and easy so you can get home and we'll circle around and pick you up if you're ready for this way cool group!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

keep in mind, you don't know how they will be set in the quilt .... and I can't tell!
    Quote Originally Posted by haylillan View Post
    i think i figured out how i cut strips wrong i may chang them as i have plenty of fab

And glad to be back, I've missed every one of you. The HSTs are coming out great! Kuddos.
    Last edited by paintmejudy; 10-29-2012 at 06:05 PM.
    Piecing, then quilting, with the North Wind blowing,
    The days go by quickly when I am sewing.

Glad you are back and feeling better Judy!!!
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

I think I'm finally (mostly) satisfied with my fabric choices. I didn't realize how 'stripey' my one fabric was till I had it already stitched together. Will see how it works out. It was the only one with enough yardage so guess it will have to stay. I'm another one of those using only fabric from my stash if at all possible.

And how about some tortilla chips with homemade queso? I do mine with Velveeta, Pace's picante sauce and some milk to keep it from being too thick. Half my family likes it with the mild and the rest want it with medium or hot. Enjoy!
    legendarycandles.com

Forgot to attach the picture! Here it is.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    legendarycandles.com

Judy wish you were home but and listen to the BUT remember if they think maybe an extra day TAKE AN EXTRA DAY DONT PUSH TO GO HOME I have done that again and again and think I would learn. You get home great and all and you realize you might need a bit extra help. Water? oh crud gotta get up to get it, someone to hold your arm for extra balance even if you are getting up with a walker sure comes in handy til your really sure your good to go and heck dont even think of picking that napkin off the floor unless you have a grabber and can pick it up AND put it on something high enough to reach over to.. you have to let these things heal or you get a much longer lucky visit back at that hospital which well unless your food was different than mine when I was in.. the food isnt all that great. and quilting? hah, laugh at that.. hand quilted in bed there oh what fun. kept losing stuff couldnt sit up enough to find it, argh it was not nearly as much fun as whipping it out on the machine and the stitches were a whole lot closer on my brother than by hand that is for sure.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Page 59 of 157 FirstFirst ... 9 49 58 59 60 69 109 ... LastLast