Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 74 of 157 FirstFirst ... 24 64 73 74 75 84 124 ... LastLast

Thread: Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

Name:  DSCF3772_0195.JPG
Views: 276
Size:  211.4 KBName:  DSCF3771_0194.JPG
Views: 270
Size:  193.5 KB

These are my blocks so far. Can someone please advise the nine patch blocks how many of each we are making? I think I've got to many still learning to read quilt instructions can you tell I'm a newbie quilter Thanks so much.
    Everyday is a good day for Quilting!

"You will make six each of the two different fabric combinations of A B E and C D F. for a total of 12 blocks. The E and F colors will be in the outside corners, as shown in the pictures, and are the traditional 9-patch blocks that will be 6-1/2" sq." per Judy..

boy you guys are fast just occurred to me that a new clue was posted. I will try to cut tomorrow, in fact I have to cut tomorrow I dont want to get behind too far, next weekend no sewing for me and how long anyone knows shoot. double shoot. pitching a small hissy fit. ok not small at all.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries

ok, 'E' & 'F' end up as outside corners and center of 9 patch blocks and we have 'set aside' half a strip (2 1/2 x 21) of 'A'&'C' ........set aside probably means we need it later so do not let the kittens play with it..... giggle, this punch in the pitcher in the observation car is yummy..... and the crackers with all these different cheeses sure makes a person thirsty.

Oksewnsew, SunlitenSmiles thank you for your help. I see I have made the AE combo the wrong way round no worries have cut but not sewn all of them. Maybe I need to stop by the observation car before the next stop just to mingle of course
    Everyday is a good day for Quilting!

Hi, everyone! I think I've got the directions right, but please let me know if this is correct: with E and F in the corners of the nine patch, I will end up with some extra fabric. 1/2 strip each of E and F, and 1 WOF strip each of A and C?

Blog Entries
    I think I've had too much of that punch, Sunliten! Muddled brain...will have to go back over the posts for clue #4. Sorry not to be of help. Can someone help me get to my bunk...or do we have those nifty reclining seats for sleeping?
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    YC Quilter, you ended up with the same thing I did! So either we both did it right or we both did it wrong! The extra strips may come into play later, maybe for cornerstone blocks? Who knows? It's a mystery!
    Pat H
    Carencro LA

I don't like the puffy poly batt, because it doesn't lie nice and flat on the wall. So I always either Warm and Natural. But felt a sample of Hobbs's Thermore and am goind to try it on my next wall hanging -- it is poly but so thin.
    Quote Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
    Quick question leftover from train ride #1 - What loft and firmness of batting goes in a wallhanging? My daughter is going to use the quilt as a headboard in a guest room. As long one machine is set up for FMQ, I may as well get it done.
    Save the Earth -- it's the only planet with chocolate!

Labeelady and YC Quilter, the only left over should have been the half strips, you would have used the rest of the WOFs.
    Save the Earth -- it's the only planet with chocolate!

Page 74 of 157 FirstFirst ... 24 64 73 74 75 84 124 ... LastLast