Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 75 of 157 FirstFirst ... 25 65 74 75 76 85 125 ... LastLast

Thread: Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

I have the same ones left over also. I cut 3 strips each of A and E and used 2 and a half strips of E and two half strips and one full strip of A, and I've got a half strip of E and a whole strip of A left over.

Senior Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    I also had and extra strip of my A and C fabrics and a half strip of my E and F fabrics and made a couple of extra 9 patches just in case oh well if we do not use it in this it will go in my tub of 2 1/2" strips for another project.
    ​Christine

Blog Entries

was everyone using 42 inch wide fabric and cuting cross grain...selvedge to selvedge (WOF)

I accidently cut a WOF from a piece of wide back once....2 1/2 inch by 108 inch.....it was late at night.....sigh
    did use it all eventually in a strip quilt.

I apologize to everyone - I guess I wasn't really up to doing this mystery. First I ended up in the hospital for 3 days, then inpatient physical therapy rehab for 7 days, and yesterday found out I have bronchitis which added more meds to my system! Ugh . So I probably should have delayed continuing with the mystery. But if you have left over 2-1/2" pieces, you will use them up at a later date.
    My soul is fed with needle and thread

He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree. ~Roy L. Smith

Ok let me see if I have my mind straight on the 9 patches - the lighter fabric of A/B and the lighter one of E/F go together and the darker of C/D and the darker of E/F go together. Right? And all are cut 2-1/2"?
    legendarycandles.com
    Just discovered I qualify for FABLE (Fabric Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy)

Blog Entries

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Haaaaaaaaaaaaa, I think that was an 'extra clue' Hummmmm, file it away in a trenchcoat pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by mom-6 View Post
    Ok let me see if I have my mind straight on the 9 patches - the lighter fabric of A/B and the lighter one of E/F go together and the darker of C/D and the darker of E/F go together. Right? And all are cut 2-1/2"?
    Not necessarily, Mom. It depends on which fabrics you decided to use for E and F. Just make sure E coordinates well with A/B and F with C/D.

So in other words what your eye tells you looks good go for it? Guess I better get out of the party car and get to sewing.
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Exactly, Nelco. I agonized way too much over my choices.

Katybob is right.
    Yes, mom6, whichever of the E and F give you the best contrast with A-B. Same with your C-D - you need contrast, not similar values.
    My soul is fed with needle and thread

He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree. ~Roy L. Smith

Page 75 of 157 FirstFirst ... 25 65 74 75 76 85 125 ... LastLast