Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 90 of 157 FirstFirst ... 40 80 89 90 91 100 140 ... LastLast

Thread: Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5D6t20MyhQ
    Anyone having trouble with sewing your strips together, take a look at this youtube video.

Susan - you will make 3 separate strip sets from 6 WOF pieces. Cut each strip set into the 3-1/2" wide pieces and then sew into a 90" strip. You will to this 2 more times, and will end up with 3 long pieces about 90" long.

Marytodd - If you don't have enough fabric to cut another strip set and make 3-1/2" cuts, PM me, I think we can make the 2-1/2" wide work. But 3-1/2 would be better.

VickiM - did you offset your strips by 2"? If you got 6 per set, hopefully you will have enough. Can't remember how much I had left when I assembled my quilt.
    My soul is fed with needle and thread

Blog Entries
    Soyesterday, I was cutting to get my hst's made for the mystery and was derailed by the left over scraps. I never remember being so easily distracted. So back on track today and finish up the hst's and hopefully get the nine patches done also. No promises.. just too many fun things to make at the moment.. LOL
    Have an awesome day!

Senior Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    I finished this week's clue. I am loving this mystery have never done one on the QB. Judy you are awesome I am having a great time on this train ride. Can't wait to see all of them finished everyone chose different color schemes and they all are looking wonderful.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ​Christine

Thanks judy. I will get it done.

Here's what I've been working on inbetween steps for Mystery Quilt. First one is quilt for greatgranddaughter and the second one is a Christmas wall Hanging for a secret sister from my Sorority Chapter. I have pink flannel backing with butterflies, do you have any other ideas for a backing. I think the flannel material w/butterflies might be too much since the front border is pink material with butterlies. Great Granddaughter is one year old her mother told me she loves butterflies and bright colors. Name:  Ally's quilt in the making progress 002.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  618.6 KBName:  Ally's quilt in the making progress 001.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  713.2 KB

Blog Entries

clue 5

Got my strips done today, boy it took me longer than I thought but they are done. Name:  DSCF0945.JPG
Views: 367
Size:  1.22 MBName:  DSCF0946.JPG
Views: 352
Size:  1.22 MBEveryone's looks amazing, such different colors and patterns in the fabric. Will be interesting to see them all when we're done.

Thanks for the reply, Judy...you're right, I forgot to offset the 2"...I was just rushing to get it done (only 2 more craftshows to go; I'm tired!)...so I will make another strip so I can add 2 to each stack to make 8...hopefully can get it done before next clue.

pbadder - a girl can never have too many butterflies.

pbadder, I think butterflies on the back will be fine. Is it the same fabric as the border? Those little butterflies and bugs are adorable. Love the tree too.

Thank you all Butterfly flannel for backing it is.

Page 90 of 157 FirstFirst ... 40 80 89 90 91 100 140 ... LastLast