Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 112 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Mystery quilt train ride #6 - welcome aboard

Ok, don't cut the squares and they won't be 5". Got it.

I am so glad you started on a new page with the intro!

Blog Entries
    Judy, when you said you cut your pattern down for a tabletopper--it, do you mean the size of the units changed or the number of units? I ask because I'm wondering if I could make this quilt size by adding more units or if that would not be possible. Thanks for all your time and preparation in hosting this mystery.
    Courtesy is not optional.

Love it need more table runners. Now to decide on my colors. I may even do two one for me and the other for a gift. brought some tea sandwiches so we can drink our tea or coffee and have some sandwiches while we ponder on our colors.

Woo hoo, the train is filling up fast! And who says we need to wait until 5:00 to put the Bailey's in our coffee?

to answer Angelia and any one else interested in a different size - You will be able to make this any size you want, even a king sized if desired. I cut down the number of the blocks and adjusted everything for this size. Another option: No reason you couldn't make a bigger block if you could figure out the math after we get to week 3 and you see where we are going with this. Naturally you'd need lots and lots of scraps, and you will be able to figure out how much you need for A and B when we get to that step.

And thank you, Angelia, you are most welcome. I really love these mystery rides.
    My soul is fed with needle and thread

Blog Entries
    Oh, I've got lots of scraps! Thanks so much for the info.
    Courtesy is not optional.

Angelia: I am thinking along the same lines. At least a throw size, if not a bed size. Judy I noticed that in your first example you had a lot of contrast between the sashing and the focus fabric. I think I would like to use a boldly colored fabric, then pull the various colors for the scraps from it. From your description, it seems like this will work. Am I on the right track?

Hmmm, off to my scrap totes. One of the totes contains old scraps from my aunt. It will be a good way to use those scraps because they are not "my colors".
    Sweet Caroline

I'm hopping onboard. Love these mystery rides!

toot toot. I love the idea of making presents for christmas all year so i dont get stuck at the last minute. I will have to shop the stash later in the day.

Page 2 of 112 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 52 102 ... LastLast