Hi fellow quilters!
Welcome to the Block of the Month with Quilt Story Quilt-Along for those who are going to be making a new block on the first Monday of each Month with Quilt Story, beginning March 2012 - March 2013. Everyone is welcome to come and play along with us!!!
This thread will be the "homebase" for our Quilt-Along. We are going to hang out here to chat, share ideas, share pointers, share tips, give encouragement, and cheer each other on.
I will be acting as your hostess through this Quilt-Along any questions, comments or conflicts can be addressed to me through a p.m.
Introduction to the Quilt
Heather and Megan have written a wonderful introduction to this quilt on their website. They have a list of the blocks we will be making posted on their blog which you can print.
Ground Rules and Guidelines
As much as we all dislike “rules," there are a few. It is necessary to lay groundwork so that we all understand up front what to expect and what is expected so things can run smoothly. Please take the time to read the guidelines set forth here.
1. Be kind and Encouraging to all! This is a very friendly, encouraging and supportive group. Be patient. Please keep in mind that there are those participating here with a wide range of quilting skills from the novice to the master and every level between. We want this to be enjoyable for all. No negative comments.
2.All copyrights will be honored and protected.
The only link that will be posted for this Block of the Month Quilt-Along is listed above.
Because we wish to respect Heather and Megan's, the designers' efforts to create this quilt, as well as any contractual obligations they may have to any publishers of any commercial products, we will not permit uploading of any PDF files of the monthly blocks, nor any instructions or tutorials. Those will only be found on Quilt Story's blog.
3. This is not a swap it is a Quilt-Along. This means you are making your own blocks for your own quilt. Therefore you can choose whichever fabrics you like best.
4. First Monday of Each Month. Remember each new Block of the Month block will be posted on Quilt Story's blog the first Monday of every month, beginning on March 1st, 2012.
5. Quilt Story's Link-up. On the first Monday of every month Heather and Megan will post their blocks. They will have a link-up where you can link your blocks if you choose. They also have a button you can add to your blog, if you wish. (Just go to Quilt Story for information on these items.)
6. Share your pictures. Please share your pictures on the picture thread.
BOM with Quilt Story Quilt-Along Picture Thread
It will be fun to see everyone's color and fabric choices and how each finished block looks.
As for me, I am looking forward to meeting you all and sharing in this sure to be fun Quilt-Along!