Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: A New MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the info!
    Sadiemae

Cant wait till this weekend for time to hunt through my stash. It would be a pity to have to go the LQS,what a chore ,but we must do what we need to ,to board this train,poor me .

Thanks Judy, I will set aside the red and dark green to decide later. Maybe I will find another fabric before the 26th. Don't really need an excuse to shop for fabric.

I'll be hanging out watching for now

Morning all,

I have too much on my plate right now but will put the instructions into a word document so I can follow along easily when life slows down a little. Also, if anyone gets lost trying to find the directions, I will be able to send them.

Mind you, seeing the progress of everyone's wonderful blocks may just cause me to join in anyway.

SunlitenSmiles - how about making a 4th of July quilt? Then you can also join our patriotic challenge and kill two birds with one stone/project. International Patriotic Challenge
    Working for a living interferes with fun, but it pays for it.

Works, just noticed your little blurb at the bottom of your postings. Reminds me of a sign I have in my bathroom:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Save the Earth -- it's the only planet with chocolate!

Blog Entries
    I'll bring some chocolate creams to the club car later to go with the other goodies! But right now I am thinking fabric. I'm thinking maybe a scrappy done in 1930's repro. fabrics with a tone on tone white for background... not sure of a color for the sashing - maybe a red or a bright yellow?. Any suggestions for the sashing color????
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

I've had a few PMs asking about scrappy and using charm packs. I think my original posting was a bit misleading, but can't seem to change it now. As to using charm packs, you would probably need almost 2 full packs (most charms packs have about 40 blocks I think) and then eliminate the 1/3 yard of fabric D. You will still need the 1/3 yard of sashing color E. So sorry for the confusion.

Maybe wait until the time comes to use the sashing before you make your choice. At least, that is what I did with my scrappy.

Quote Originally Posted by lovelyl View Post
    I'll bring some chocolate creams to the club car later to go with the other goodies! But right now I am thinking fabric. I'm thinking maybe a scrappy done in 1930's repro. fabrics with a tone on tone white for background... not sure of a color for the sashing - maybe a red or a bright yellow?. Any suggestions for the sashing color????

Blog Entries
    Judy, I am in again.. I love batiks so it my be my choice in scrappy. Now where is that club car. Hey girls I'm back again!!!

Carolyn
    Carolyn
    http://s1104.photobucket.com/albums/h329/islandwiz1/Boom%206%20Autumn%20Group/

Page 3 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 53 103 ... LastLast