Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 154 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Thread: A New MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

I just love train rides. I also would love to try Rhubard tea. Never heard of it but why not. Also all the goodies that everyone is bringing so I thought some nice watermelon slices would fit in just great. Oh yeah this is my first train ride. I haven't decided on my fabric yet but Rasberry colors are calling me. Any suggestions as to what would match Rasberry. How on earth do you spell that word????? I really already have a lot that I am doing but I work well under stress. Either that or I get buried in it. Well off to work on another project and maybe this weekend I can find some fabrics to use for this. It may end up being totally scrappy.

Barb

asked my iPhone how to spell Rhubarb and Raspberry. got it now.
    Last edited by urgodschild2; 05-10-2012 at 11:13 AM.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Quote Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
    I just love train rides. I also would love to try Rhubard tea. Never heard of it but why not. Also all the goodies that everyone is bringing so I thought some nice watermelon slices would fit in just great. Oh yeah this is my first train ride. I haven't decided on my fabric yet but Rasberry colors are calling me. Any suggestions as to what would match Rasberry. How on earth do you spell that word????? I really already have a lot that I am doing but I work well under stress. Either that or I get buried in it. Well off to work on another project and maybe this weekend I can find some fabrics to use for this. It may end up being totally scrappy.

Barb

asked my iPhone how to spell Rhubarb and Raspberry. got it now.
    I am thinking that some spring green fabric would work well with raspberry. Sort of like sherbet colors don't you think?
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    I am a new quilter and have never done a mystery quilt project, so this looks like it would be a lot of fun! I am thinking Christmas quilt since I am slow.

Blog Entries
    oh, my, in the food world dark choclate is what goes with raspberry

in the color world greens go great also

I have been to Washington along the Columbia River it is sooooooooooo beautiful and green !!!!

have seen Washington from the air on the way to Alaska once and Canada once...would love to see the San Juan Islands and Mt. St. Helens from the ground someday.

Blog Entries
    Welcome aboard Sarint......

Glad to have you along for the ride, Sarint, enjoy yourself. It will be a lot of fun. And as I mentioned in my opening paragraph, your traveling companions are a hoot!
    My soul is fed with needle and thread

He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree. ~Roy L. Smith

I vote for raspberry and lemon (yellow) maybe throw in some lime green just for fun. This is making me think of bothe sherbert and lemon cake with raspberry frosting. I think I might be hungry.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

this sounds like a lot of fun. I'm in! I've never done a mystery quilt before, so this will be interesting!

Cindy, I too was hesitant about doing a mystery quilt, had never done one before I made up the last one. But these are small projects, not a large amount of fabrics, and really, they are a lot of fun. Please join up for the festivities!
    My soul is fed with needle and thread

He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree. ~Roy L. Smith

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodee View Post
    Oh, gosh - have never, ever done one of these, so think I may TRY. I'll probably be asking for help ALL THE TIME. Thanks. Dodee
    Dodee, this is my first mystery also, but it seems like so much fun (these ladies are crazy!) I thought I would try it here as opposed to other sites. And there looks to be lots of food, so it's my kind of group!
    "I keep my end tables full of needlework and quilting so I don't have to dust them." ~ Author Unknown but I agree!

Page 8 of 154 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 58 108 ... LastLast