Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: New York Beauty Quilt Along Begins Oct 1st

Blog Entries
    All of these new blocks are looking fabulous!! I have already finished & shared the first two block sets with everyone earlier in this thread. Now I have started the two blocks for November & have three of the first set done. Hopefully I will get the fourth one done soon & start on the second block set. When they are all finished, i will post a picture & share with everyone. Keep up the great work ladies, you are doing so good!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

QM
    I love seeing what people are doing with these great patterns!

My first Mariners Compass was a bit over a year into my quilting career when a quilty friend's DH, who was terminal with cancer said he had always wanted one. I Had a terrible time with the background for my next several MCs. Now I cut the pattern using an Xray film template and do as was suggested earlier, pinning the center only and sewing from there to the sides. As I saw on a Simply Quilts show years ago, the background is on top, held loosely elevated, shifting as I go.

I'll have to start a bit later as I have several "have to's" to get out of the way first.

Blog Entries
    i still plan on joining in. I added a twin size quilt to my list of things i needed to accomplish first. It is on the frame and have only three borders left to quilt. The queen size has blocks sewn together waiting on the borders. Soon as I get it on the frame (hopefully next week),i'll be able to sit back and do NYB. Plan on using only black and white fabrics but may throw in a dash of color if i feel it is needed. will post again once I actually start sewing these NYB blocks.

TIP: Cut the "outer piece" as one piece instead of 2. This might take a little more fabric, but I like that I skip the extra seam. I have both taped em together (don't like to iron with tape) and have re-copied the piece. Hope this is helpful to someone.

Everyone's blocks look great!!
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

My latest blocks. Some came out better than others. Hopefully pressing will make them look a little better.

Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 328
Size:  182.2 KBName:  photo[1].JPG
Views: 303
Size:  181.4 KB
    Ellen
    "Don't tell me the sky's the limit when I can see footprints on the moon..."

Sorry guys, didn't mean to make the phots so large.
    Ellen
    "Don't tell me the sky's the limit when I can see footprints on the moon..."

amh
    Your blocks are stunning.

I am plugging away at mine, but life got in the way of quilting, so I'm going to use December to catch up a bit (I have some time off work then).

No one has posted for a long time, and I was wondering if people were still working on them. I was so glad to see your post, and I personally don't think your photos are too large.

Love your colours.

amh
    Aileen
    Saskatoon SK Canada

Your blocks are beautiful.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Quote Originally Posted by sweet View Post
    TIP: Cut the "outer piece" as one piece instead of 2. This might take a little more fabric, but I like that I skip the extra seam. I have both taped em together (don't like to iron with tape) and have re-copied the piece. Hope this is helpful to someone.

This is what I do too. I tape them together. I didnt' think about photo copying the finished taped piece I have been taping all four, not so bright I know.

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 ... LastLast