Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
New York Beauty Quilt Along Begins Oct 1st >

New York Beauty Quilt Along Begins Oct 1st

New York Beauty Quilt Along Begins Oct 1st

Old 09-04-2012, 09:05 AM

Wow! How intriguing. I've been intimidated by this beautiful quilt pattern for years. I have also been looking for just the right opportunity to really work on my paper piecing. Two birds - one stone! Thanks for getting this started.

Will keep you posted.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:18 AM

Oooooo! I an definitely doing this!!! Thank you so much!
Old 09-04-2012, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by rainagade View Post
I'm in too.
Ohhhh noooooo. Doing a NYB has been on my bucket list. I have been collecting fabrics for a few years.
I am also collecting reds to do a Double wedding ring.
So there is only one thing to do, which is get started on that bucket list.
Renea, so glad you're joining us! To fun that your next thing on your bucket list is DWR because I am working on correcting a pattern for a variation of DWR call Flower ring and when this quilt along is finished was thinking about hosting that as a quilt along! I tried making it from an old book but it wasn't test before publication so the block came out wonky.

Welcome Jclinganrey and Knlsmith - this is going to be a great learning experience for paper piecing and it's such a pretty block!

Last edited by kristen0112; 09-04-2012 at 09:33 AM.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:37 AM

Welcome Karen (mirabelle), Newhomelizzy, gardnergal970! I know how many projects we can get going and I hope to we get to see you coming along on our journey! Karen - love your user name if my son had been a girl his name would have been Mirabelle instead of Maxwell :-)
Old 09-04-2012, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Anael View Post
SulaBug, your block is great! I just made a decision I'm going to finish my Sylvia blocks first before I start this project. I only (or still) have 33 blocks to go. So if you see a block here from me..........LOL kick me in the behind. I hope I can keep my hands off of the batiks I ordered last week so I can use them for the NYB!
Anael.........I think you have made the right choice, as your Sylvia blocks need to be completed before starting this project. Do keep us posted on how your blocks are coming along. I would love to see picture's when they are posted. You can always do the NYC blocks whenever you are ready too.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug View Post
Anael.........I think you have made the right choice, as your Sylvia blocks need to be completed before starting this project. Do keep us posted on how your blocks are coming along. I would love to see picture's when they are posted. You can always do the NYC blocks whenever you are ready too.
It's hard not to start another project especially when you have new fabric...its like an itch that needs to be scratched!
Old 09-04-2012, 12:20 PM

SulaBug, there's no Sylvia thread here on the board. I posted my blocks on the HGTV board but I can post some in the picture thread if you like.

Kristen, please I ordered some more fabric today and I had to go to the LQS and found some nice but very expensive fabrics there too. They're for another project though, started last Saturday and of course I had to join! But my batiks should arrive this week so I know I will be tempted to make at least one block.
I counted my Sylvia blocks and did it right this time, I'm down to 20 to go so when I don't spend my time here on the board ............
Old 09-04-2012, 12:41 PM

Oh I am so in for making a New York Beauty. In I am currently making the paper pieced sampler that is on the back cover of Alex Anderson's new updated paper piecing book! My whole reason for making it is so I can get experience before making a NYB. I am so excited!
Old 09-04-2012, 02:03 PM

Love to pp, may have to try this!
Old 09-04-2012, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Anael View Post
SulaBug, there's no Sylvia thread here on the board. I posted my blocks on the HGTV board but I can post some in the picture thread if you like.

Kristen, please I ordered some more fabric today and I had to go to the LQS and found some nice but very expensive fabrics there too. They're for another project though, started last Saturday and of course I had to join! But my batiks should arrive this week so I know I will be tempted to make at least one block.
I counted my Sylvia blocks and did it right this time, I'm down to 20 to go so when I don't spend my time here on the board ............
WOW down to 20 blocks that is great! I love the board but sometimes it does suck down my time LOL. Make one you can always make more later :-)