Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Orca Bay Mystery Quilt-Along

I'm getting afraid to start this. I have never done HST nor QST. I'll follow all y'alls directions. 112 3.5 squares of two olors, to make HST then cut to make QST.... I CAN do this.
    SheriR~
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t254479.html
    From Grandma's closet quilt album: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums18788.html

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
    I'm getting afraid to start this. I have never done HST nor QST. I'll follow all y'alls directions. 112 3.5 squares of two olors, to make HST then cut to make QST.... I CAN do this.
    YES YOU CAN DO THIS!!! I've only made the HST but big ones and did it with Thangles never from scratch

Ummm.... What's a Thangle and do I need it?
    SheriR~
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t254479.html
    From Grandma's closet quilt album: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums18788.html

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

Blog Entries
    I am doing mine with squares, but I am cutting them 3 1/4".
    Sadiemae

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
    Ummm.... What's a Thangle and do I need it?
    Thangles are papers that you use to make the hst. You don't need them, but many people like to use them. I don't like removing the papers, so I do mine the old fashioned way. You can go to http://www.thangles.com/howtheywork.html and see how exactly how they work.
    Sadiemae

I'm getting confused between the the photo thread, and this discussion thread. I just posted a photo of how I made those cute little quarter square triangles for step one of the Orca mystery. Orca bay mystery picture thread (page 4)
    Last edited by SaraSewing; 11-19-2011 at 09:50 PM. Reason: forgot to say it all
    Absolutely nothing accomplished.
    The perfect day for a panda...

The picture helps

Sara,

Your picture and instructions helps us visual learners immensely. Not to get back to it and try to copy it.
    I could read all day long about HST's and QST's but not really "get it." Once I see the picture...I GET IT!

Thanks for doing this..

Thank you Coyotemagic for getting this thread started! Yesterday, three of us in Seward who are doing this mystery got together for the day to work on the first step. We tried the different methods of making our quarter square triangles, and, no matter the method, spray starch was a very helpful tool. Of course, good company and carry out Chinese didn't hurt! This is going to be fun!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SooBDo View Post
    Thank you Coyotemagic for getting this thread started! Yesterday, three of us in Seward who are doing this mystery got together for the day to work on the first step. We tried the different methods of making our quarter square triangles, and, no matter the method, spray starch was a very helpful tool. Of course, good company and carry out Chinese didn't hurt! This is going to be fun!
    How fun to have friends to do it with. That sounds like so much fun. Wish I were there and could join you.
    JudyG

Quote Originally Posted by JudyG View Post
    How fun to have friends to do it with. That sounds like so much fun. Wish I were there and could join you.
    I was thinking the same thing, Judy. The only Quilters I know in my life are people on this board. Wish I knew Quilters near me to have such quilting parties.
    Candi
    "Kindness is the oil that smooths the frictions in life"
    My etsy Store:
    www.itssewyoudear.etsy.com

Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 54 ... LastLast