Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 134 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011

Excellent Idea!! I'm going to try that also..........when I find my fabric. ;-)

community benefactor hlponyfarm's Avatar
    I just did the first few foundation blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter
    So which one did you do, was it hard, was it fun, did it turn out great??? Inquiring minds want to know!

hugs, Jup

Quote Originally Posted by hlponyfarm
    since I am a newbie, I did some practice blocks just to try to understand what was being written.

Blog Entries
    I did the first 3 foundation blocks but I am trying really hard to hold back. I want to do this with the group and not take off on my own. It is hard though....

I know how tempting it is to forge on ahead, but I am trying to wait and start with the group. Also, I still have some Christmas stitching to do, and that all has to be done in the next 2 weeks! Then I hope I 'de-clutter' my sewing studio before I dive into this project. It will sure be fun and a learning experience come January...

hugs, Jupiter

I was so excited about this, that I quickly ordered the book and forgot to post that I was going to join. I'm in! Can't wait to get the book. We are in Texas now and my local quilting guild at home is having a workshop this winter on one of Penny Haren's other books, I was disappointed that I was going to miss it. This will be even more fun as it will last all winter.

I have all the fabrics and book. Waiting to start come the new year.

mtngrl, is that your pooch in your avatar? I'm in love!!!

In other news, my fabric crisis is over (I know you were all holding your collective breath over that one :wink: ) and I am sticking with the batiks. I did order a cream color and an amber color to give myself a little more range in my tone and flexibility. I think I was feeling like my blocks were going to be neon-batik! They still may be, but oh well!

Looking forward to getting my Christmas projects done so that I can get started on my blocks in the new year!

Quote Originally Posted by Obsessed
    mtngrl, is that your pooch in your avatar? I'm in love!!!

In other news, my fabric crisis is over (I know you were all holding your collective breath over that one :wink: ) and I am sticking with the batiks. I did order a cream color and an amber color to give myself a little more range in my tone and flexibility. I think I was feeling like my blocks were going to be neon-batik! They still may be, but oh well!

Looking forward to getting my Christmas projects done so that I can get started on my blocks in the new year!

The pooch is our baby:) He is one year old tomorrow. Peppi is a Maltipoo and an absolute sweetie.

mtngrl your avatar sure looks like a westie to me. I used to breed these wonderful dogs here in Alberta

sorry mtngrl - your baby sure looks like a westie - at least what we can see!!!

Page 11 of 134 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 61 111 ... LastLast