OooH! Great to know! Thanks!!
Welcome to the Quilting Board!
Getting the paper out was easy... just not fast. I soaked my block over an hour to be sure the glue was gone. Then I layed it flat on a towel until the next day to be sure it was dry. Then the paper snapped out in whole sections. I tried to take some out when it was only half dry and the paper shreaded out in pieces. I thought it was a lot better waiting until they were dry all the way. Either way, wet or dry, it was not a hard or time consumming thing to do.
Originally Posted by keelybird57
You have the distinction of being our #1 first poster of Laura's Cathedral Window. Congratulations! It is a beautiful block. I'll get my camera going and post mine soon. This is a fun technique and I am so-o-o glad we are attacking it together!
Originally Posted by Obsessed
We are getting a new member. Watch for fromzstore to check in. She PM'd me last night and is ordering the book.
Oh so exciting. Your first block is gorgeous. Keep posting, really enjoying seeing the blocks.
I will be posting my pic this afternoon, unless someone can tell me how to post from facebook since I am on the road.
Here is my "Laura's Cathederal Window." You can't see it on the photo, but the daisy in the center, I thread painted over the daisy print. That adds a bit of texture, but you have to really look closely to see it.
If you are making the 12.5" blocks, you need to consider how you will print out the templates. I first tried taking the online templates and printing them out at 200%. They were bigger, but not the correct size. Don't ask me why, but they just weren't right.
Next I put the online templates into Adobe Photoshop Elements and I printed them at 200% from there. They came out perfect! I didn't change anything or stress over it. I simply printed from Adobe at 200% and they were right.
12.5" block - start with 12.5" foundation square
Beautiful block Jupiter. Your colors are fantastic together.