Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 41 of 134 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 51 91 ... LastLast

Thread: Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011

Everyone's blocks are coming out so beautiful! I'm so glad we all decided to do these blocks. Here's my Patrick's Spotlight. I'm doing my applique by machine so I'm not having that "layer" problems that some are having with the hand applique. The center ended up with a little irregular shape but I guess that will add the the charm of my block, right?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Irene: another beautiful block. Your colors are so rich.

Blog Entries
    When you are machine appliquéing do you have to soak your block after each layer to get the paper off before going to the next layer or will it just pull out and the stitch the next layer and soak at the end

Quote Originally Posted by fromzstore
    When you are machine appliquéing do you have to soak your block after each layer to get the paper off before going to the next layer or will it just pull out and the stitch the next layer and soak at the end
    I quit gluing my papers. It was making it too hard to remove so I've been using the template as a pattern to cut out the pieces, then I pin the pieces in place prior to sewing them onto the block (no glue, no paper to remove). It's working for me.

Quote Originally Posted by fromzstore
    The book says to stitch each layer and then soak and remove the paper before placing and stitching the next layer. Otherwise you would catch the paper in your stitches and it would be impossible to remove. That is one of the reasons why I am hand sewing. Since I'm not stitching all the way through like I would with the machine, all of the paper slips right out at the end once I soak the glue off.

Quote Originally Posted by Irene V
    Everyone's blocks are coming out so beautiful! I'm so glad we all decided to do these blocks. Here's my Patrick's Spotlight. I'm doing my applique by machine so I'm not having that "layer" problems that some are having with the hand applique. The center ended up with a little irregular shape but I guess that will add the the charm of my block, right?
    Pretty! A very charming block.

Quote Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy
    Oh, Obsessed that is outstanding, I love it. Looks perfect.
    Kwiltkrazy - thank you for checking in with us and giving us all so much encouragement!

Blog Entries
    I'm just drooling, wishing I were there having this fun. I definitely am going to get this book. You're welcome, and thank you guys for doing this I am really enjoying it.

Blog Entries
    just finished my first block
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Fromzstore that is beautiful.

Page 41 of 134 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 51 91 ... LastLast