Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

sewsewquilter 01-01-2010 09:04 AM

That is going to look really nice Blue. Isn't fun making Jane your own. It will be "Dear Blue". :-)

Sheree from Chicago 01-01-2010 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
I just had to post this..... I made four blocks that sit next to each other so I could test the sashing I'm going to use.

The colours are a bit off sorry, had to use a flash... it's just after midnight. :-)

OMG Blue you've really taken the sashing up a few (or several) notches! It's outstanding!
I have done some crazy PP quilts but to tell you the truth, the sashing scares the hell out of me! It all has to be perfect right on the money and I've never done sashing. Yours is a work of art in itself!
Thank you for inspiring me and being the kind of friend that I know will hold my hand thru this!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Sheree from Chicago 01-01-2010 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by luvmortherest

Originally Posted by Sheree from Chicago

click on the save in sketchbook icon in the upper left. that will save your latest copy. then click on look in sketchbook (this is to the left of save in sketchbook) click the arrows till you get to the quilt that you don't want. then click delete. hope this makes sense and helps. you can delete any quilt in the sketchbook that you don't want. i have done this several times

Thank you for your help!

you are welcome

I did step by step and it is still not saving. The most important thing is that I can paint and figure out color placement, mirror if needed, and print foundation patterns. The rest is gravy at this point but at some point, if I can't get it to work it could get crazy with color placement, although I am just doing a simple red, white and blue batik. By simple I mean there is no secondary pattern to it like Klue's.

kluedesigns 01-01-2010 09:50 AM

click on the save in sketchbook icon in the upper left. that will save your latest copy. then click on look in sketchbook (this is to the left of save in sketchbook) click the arrows till you get to the quilt that you don't want. then click delete. hope this makes sense and helps. you can delete any quilt in the sketchbook that you don't want. i have done this several times

Thank you for your help!

you are welcome

I did step by step and it is still not saving. The most important thing is that I can paint and figure out color placement, mirror if needed, and print foundation patterns. The rest is gravy at this point but at some point, if I can't get it to work it could get crazy with color placement, although I am just doing a simple red, white and blue batik. By simple I mean there is no secondary pattern to it like Klue's.

when you get a chance let me know how you set up the quilt in the software and what you're doing to try and save it.

there must be a way to do this - it just doesn't make sense, you can't have software that doesn't save your work.

if we can't solve it we have to get in touch with EQ and have them fix it - the software isn't cheap and it should work correctly.

Esqmommy 01-01-2010 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by okie

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
I just had to post this..... I made four blocks that sit next to each other so I could test the sashing I'm going to use.

The colours are a bit off sorry, had to use a flash... it's just after midnight. :-)

Amazing work, your workmanship is awesome. At first glance I thought is was a computer generated design. That's how perfect it is. Oh, to follow in your footsteps.

That's what I thought too!! BC, you are sooooo talented. This quilt is going to be amazing...I can't believe I get the privilege of watching it unfold. We're all going to be famous over these quilts one day...the legends of QBB.com and their DJ Cyber Sew....Your quilt will be such a standout with your color choices and the storm at sea sashing...my oh my...

Bettia 01-01-2010 10:28 AM

Happy New Year

The blocks look absolutely beautiful.
I too look forward to the New Year with everyone.

luvmortherest 01-01-2010 10:51 AM

awesome blue

ai731 01-01-2010 01:10 PM

Your blocks + sashing look wonderful, Blue! Your Baby Jane is going to be absolutely beautiful!

Jan

BlueChicken 01-01-2010 01:46 PM

Thank you!! :-) *blush*

It's not perfect, but I'm really pleased with it. Part of the reasoning for doing two pieces of sashing at the same time as the block is to force myself to take it easy, if I do a pile of them I start rushing. Doing one or two blocks I am more inclined to take my time and be patient.

The lady that did the storm at sea setting used three colours in each of her blocks, but I'm sticking with the two to separate the blocks a little from the setting.

It's going to be a HUGE quilt.... just having those four blocks up on my wall has made me realise just how big it will be. I can't wait to join more rows!

Icandothat 01-01-2010 01:57 PM

Klue,
I will be away from my sewing room for the first few weeks of our cyber party. I will be caring for my Mother in another state. As I gather supplies to take along, I want to have my patterns printed. Do you know which of the blocks for the first 6 weeks are mirror images? I saw reference to I9...but am not sure of the others.
Thanks.