Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

sewsewquilter 11-02-2009 07:46 PM

I'm excited.

Thanks Klue for organizing this. You have done a wonderful job.

Elle the Asian fabrics sound great.

I have been buying fabric here and there. It's now time to take an inventory. :-)

ai731 aka Jan: I am also using batiks. I just love them. I have a neutral batik for the background.

I am going to do the blocks in around the world color placement. I may change the size of my blocks to make a queen size quilt. The software is great for this.

kluedesigns 11-02-2009 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by retrogirl02
If we are not sure if we're adding the triangles to our quilt, can we do those in the end? I have a 2.5 inch acrylic but I'm thinking that the larger triangle ruler will be a must. I'm doing a scrappy 30s (eventually :lol: ).

Wouldn't you know I am new to EQ and have misplaced my software book! I'm tearing the house apart looking for it.
RETRO

you can make the quilt without the triangles - its your quilt so you can make it any way you like - every one is welcome to join regardless of the way they wish to make their Jane.

i'm not a jane purist so you'll see through out the year that i'll redraft blocks to make them more user friendly - i have no problem adding or removing seams to make the blocks/triangles easier.

i think the triangle ruler is good to have but the little square ruler isn't necessary.

you might be able to make the triangle ruler yourself if your handy and have template material.

kluedesigns 11-02-2009 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by cutebuns
I would love to join in, just don't know if I have the focus to last that long in doing it.

At the moment I can't afford any of the supplies either, The fabric I could probably use what I have, but no rulers or software or pattern.

the only things that are a "must" is fabric (which you have) and either the book or the software.

you could check and see if your library has the book or you can put up a post on this forum looking to make a trade for the book/software or maybe someone has the book and will let you borrow it.

i don't have the book, i just check it out of our library when i want to look at it otherwise i would let you borrow it.

kluedesigns 11-02-2009 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by sewsewquilter

I am going to do the blocks in around the world color placement. I may change the size of my blocks to make a queen size quilt. The software is great for this.

i love that about the software too - you can scale up or down with a click of the mouse.

the quilt would be beautiful on a bed.

retrogirl02 11-02-2009 07:55 PM

oooh I do, Klue. You're so good. I'll have to take a close look at one because the online DJ triangle rulers look pretty complicated. I've really not even checked out the actual triangles because I wasn't going to do them or do larger solid triangles of print fabric every other one and the kites....but then I saw one that had white on white triangles and I thought hmmm that would work. Thank you so much for setting this sew along up for us!!!
:D

cutebuns 11-02-2009 07:58 PM

I am not near a library, and I hope to be moving next summer (but who knows) Maybe if I try it I will get it going and done faster. if I have the right information I might be able to swing the blocks faster than that and have it done.

We will have to see what the new year brings, I know a few that are going to try,

bearisgray 11-02-2009 08:32 PM

I think a squaring up ruler/square is very helpful - for whatever size square that one chooses to make.

It has taken me a bit to get used to the markings on the 5 inch dear jane ruler.

Butterflyspain 11-03-2009 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Klue...so glad to see this finally up! You know I'm in!

Elle, the Asian fabs sound very interesting and I'm sure will look wonderful! What background will you be using?

Yikes!!! We start triangles the 1st week!! :shock: :shock: I ummm, better get busy learning how to do them! :lol:

Havenīt got a clue what the background will be I thought white as I can match that up easily as I go along and I donīt have to spend loads all at once. I am going through my asian fabrics petting them at the moment.
:D

Iluv2quilt 11-03-2009 03:23 AM

I would definitely like to join this cyber block party. I will purchase the software shortly. I'm still contemplating my fabric choices. :D

wvdek 11-03-2009 06:49 AM

Thanks, klue. I figured I was too low on cost. Still not sure if I will join this one or not. I will be lurking either way. So much fun to see you all getting so excited and planning.