Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

sandpat 01-29-2011 06:20 AM

Maribeth..there is a schedule close to the beginning of this thread that kind of "works" you through the quilt starting with a few easier blocks. There are several ladies that are just starting their quilts now and using the schedules and the weekly posts for the blocks listed in the Topic. A group of us are close to being finished fairly soon, but there are more people starting quilts now...you should join them..its more fun to have the help and support of others doing it too. It is an intense learning quilt (or was for me), but what a great sense of accomplishment when you finish! Your plans sound lovely!

wilhelmina 01-29-2011 07:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I posted my almost finished quilt top on the Week 59 in the wee early morning hours. I intended to post it here on the main thread, geez :roll: I need to finish my piece count and have my signature block embroidered, as that final kite is not sewn in. YIPPE, :lol: :lol: I am so glad to be this far along although it will be a while before she is quilted, but I will finish on schedule.

Lesley, do you remember how much fabric you used for the binding?

wilhelmina 01-29-2011 07:40 AM

Maribeth, your blue/green collection of fabrics sound lovely! If I were starting this quilt again, I would construct the blocks row by row, maybe a row a month...

jolo 01-29-2011 07:42 AM

Wil it is awesome. Is all I can say.

Lacelady 01-29-2011 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by wilhelmina
I posted my almost finished quilt top on the Week 59 in the wee early morning hours. I intended to post it here on the main thread, geez :roll: I need to finish my piece count and have my signature block embroidered, as that final kite is not sewn in. YIPPE, :lol: :lol: I am so glad to be this far along although it will be a while before she is quilted, but I will finish on schedule.

Lesley, do you remember how much fabric you used for the binding?

Stunning, Wil, well done. Re the binding, I bought 2 yards, with the intention of using it for binding and cornerstones (I had three quarter in sashing, so my cornerstones were cut 1.5in

What I did was to cut a diagonal at the end of the fabric, and then cut the triangle into all the little cornerstones. I continued to cut diagonals for the binding (I cut 2.25in for a double, narrow binding). I had a good chunk left over which was mostly triangle again, but I don't think I could have got away with 1.5 yards unless I had more seams in the binding. Sorry to be so vague. I think you would only need a yard if you weren't using some for cornerstones.

Maribeth 01-29-2011 10:21 AM

Wow, that is gorgeous!

sandpat 01-29-2011 05:09 PM

Meredith..the software says 3/4 yrd for the binding..I tell you how I came up with that in the wk. 59 thread. Sounds like it might be pretty close based on what Lesley says.

Janstar 01-29-2011 06:14 PM

That looks incredable Meredith! Love how you did your scallops.

QuiltswithConvicts 01-29-2011 09:00 PM

Meredith, your quilt is just beautiful!!!! I love how your scallops turned out. They are the perfect edge for her!

wilhelmina 01-30-2011 09:18 AM

Thank you all, I appreciate all the wonderful comments!!! :)