Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 December 2012 BOM pattern & direction's. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-december-2012-bom-pattern-directions-t207372.html)

CajunBear 12-10-2012 12:57 PM

Oh man, I do love this one! Will get busy!

Hugs,
Cajun

SouthernYankee 12-12-2012 09:55 PM

I have never done paper piecing. Seems you have to use a lot of paper. Can I just cut up the diagram and add a quarter inch seam allowance to each piece and then sew them together?

lovelyl 12-13-2012 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by SouthernYankee (Post 5716932)
I have never done paper piecing. Seems you have to use a lot of paper. Can I just cut up the diagram and add a quarter inch seam allowance to each piece and then sew them together?

Each quarter of this pattern should require only one sheet of paper. Each sheet of paper will have 3 sections - you can separate the sections and they already have the quarter inch seam allowance. If you have never done paper piecing, there are some good videos on youtube that you should watch first. Just search "paper piecing" on www.youtube.com
and they will come up. Paper piecing is not hard, and once you get the "hang of it" you will love it! Good luck!

mimiknoxtaylor 12-13-2012 05:06 AM

SouthernYankee, I just sent you a PM
Joyce T

mimiknoxtaylor 12-13-2012 05:13 AM

3 out of 4 don

3 Attachment(s)
Well, I have 3 out of my 4 done. Didn't sew at all yesterday- had a nasty bug :(.
But hopefully will finish that one today, in between doing Christmas sewing that has to get done.

SulaBug 12-13-2012 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor (Post 5717227)
Well, I have 3 out of my 4 done. Didn't sew at all yesterday- had a nasty bug :(.
But hopefully will finish that one today, in between doing Christmas sewing that has to get done.

Wow, all three of your December 2012 blocks are looking wonderful!! :D I can hardly wait to see your four quilts, when you get them put together. You really took on a job when you decided to make four of them. I applaud you for you dedication!! :D LUCKY grand daughter's. Thank you for sharing with all of us today.
:D :D :D :D

SulaBug 12-13-2012 08:21 AM

LovelyL & Mimiknoxtaylor,
Thank You for answering SouthernYankee's question about the pattern. It is so nice when everyone is so willing to jump in & answer these question's!!
:D :D :D :D

mimiknoxtaylor 12-13-2012 03:55 PM

Just realized that I put my pix on the wrong page :D. Guess I'd better repost them.

SouthernYankee 12-14-2012 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor (Post 5717212)
SouthernYankee, I just sent you a PM
Joyce T

Thank you Joyce

SouthernYankee 12-14-2012 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by lovelyl (Post 5717139)
Each quarter of this pattern should require only one sheet of paper. Each sheet of paper will have 3 sections - you can separate the sections and they already have the quarter inch seam allowance. If you have never done paper piecing, there are some good videos on youtube that you should watch first. Just search "paper piecing" on www.youtube.com
and they will come up. Paper piecing is not hard, and once you get the "hang of it" you will love it! Good luck!

Thank you Linda