Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 JULY 2012 BOM pattern & direction's. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-july-2012-bom-pattern-directions-t193273.html)

Surfergirl 07-01-2012 03:12 PM

Love the block...thank you so much.

lovelyl 07-02-2012 05:54 AM

Love this block and so will my DH - a former Marine!

CajunBear 07-03-2012 07:43 AM

Oh I so glad everyone likes the July Block! I loved it when I saw it and thought "oh no got to dig in my scrap bins!"

And that got me to going back through all my scraps, I have a large plastic tub full of all colors and one of all neutrals! There were all neatly arranged at one point though the memory is very vague! lol So I am to the bottom of the colored tub, have all ironed and are separating into size strips...then forget keeping the strips I'm going to sew each size into a roll and at some point make one of the strippy quilts! I have my neutrals all pressed but no where near to sorting them.

So now it's time to make all July swap blocks! Hope you all have a great 4th! It is District Camp Meeting for my church so we'll be enjoying fellowship with all the churches in our district. Good thing is I live on the same road as the camp so don't have far to go! Yea!

Hugs,
Cajun

Latrinka 07-03-2012 03:21 PM

Thanks for sharing!

mimiknoxtaylor 07-03-2012 04:33 PM

I love this block! Also have a lot in my stash I can use!

kensington 07-04-2012 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by tweety2 (Post 5330096)
I love this block. My husband is a 22 year Navy veteran. He'll like this in a quilt.

My dh is a 26 1/2 year Navy Veteran! Hello fellow Navy wife!

kensington 07-04-2012 08:52 AM

So, what are the requirements for this block swap? Sign up? Sets? Is it open, or closed?

mimiknoxtaylor 07-04-2012 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by kensington (Post 5338333)
So, what are the requirements for this block swap? Sign up? Sets? Is it open, or closed?

kensington, this isn't a swap. Each month a new block is posted & we each make a block for ourselves. It's just fun & a fun place to show off :) Last year we did houses (also we're all on our own time frame so even if you get behind you catch up when you can.
Come on & join the fun. If you go to Home & then down to Blocks of the Month you'll find this group . This year we're doing calendar blocks & sweet Sulabug is our leader

BATIKQLTR 07-11-2012 07:11 AM

AWESOME choice for July!!! I might use this block as my avatar! :)

mcrosemarie 07-25-2012 01:38 PM

Hello Everyone,
I am new to the quilting board and have a few questions. Where do I find directions/instructions for the blocks. I signed up for the mystery train ride quilt but haven't been notified where to find the instructions. I'm sure it is a simple answer but an important thing to know.

Though I am new to the board, I am not new to quilting. It is my link to sanity as I try to deal with all the normal things of life. I'm looking forward to learning new tricks from all of you.

OremGrammy