Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 November 2012 BOM Direction's & Pattern. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-november-2012-bom-directions-pattern-t204795.html)

SulaBug 10-31-2012 11:16 PM

1 November 2012 BOM Direction's & Pattern.

Welcome November Quilter's,

It is that time again to post the new BOM directions for the month of November 2012!! :D This month TOMANYUFO'S has chosen the pattern of her choice, so here it is!! :D

My block for Nov is the turkey. You can find it onwww.weefolkart.com. Go to freebies, click on applique, then scroll down to find turkey. Click on turkey. The pattern is only 6X6 and will have to be enlarged. It can be enlarged a little then add a border or just enlarge it to fit the 12" block. I will try to make one as well before Nov 1st.

Dwina~Toomanyufos

Thank you Dwina!!
:D :D :D :D

Anael 11-01-2012 12:43 AM

Thank you Dwina for this months pattern!

labeelady 11-01-2012 05:27 AM

The pattern calls for felt, but do we have to use felt? I have some fabric that would be perfect for the feathers!

mimiknoxtaylor 11-01-2012 05:42 AM

Sulabug, That's really cute. Love her site too! I love to applique but it does take time. I may do one in needle turn & the others with fusible.

Rumbols 11-01-2012 05:48 AM

Thank you Dwina for the November block pattern.

TOOMANYUFO'S 11-01-2012 11:14 AM

I did not get mine completed because my daughter had surgery and will need another surgery. It has been a difficult time during the past 2 wks. I am not going to make mine out of felt. I will use cotton and fuse it down and then blanket/zigzag around. Thank you Sulabug for posting everything for me.

SulaBug 11-01-2012 11:27 AM

Hi Again,

I should have mentioned that the pattern called for felt, but I used 100% cotton & fused it together. I still need to machine blanket stitch around my two little turkey's. I think this pattern is a really cute one. Have fun everyone.

SulaBug 11-01-2012 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S (Post 5627962)
I did not get mine completed because my daughter had surgery and will need another surgery. It has been a difficult time during the past 2 wks. I am not going to make mine out of felt. I will use cotton and fuse it down and then blanket/zigzag around. Thank you Sulabug for posting everything for me.

Dwina..........don't worry one bit about not getting your block done yet. You just concentrate on your daughter & taking good care of her. I hope all goes well with her next surgery. Prayers are coming her way.

lovelyl 11-03-2012 04:19 AM

This looks like a fun block, thanks Dwina! And thanks, Sulabug for posting it!

SulaBug 11-03-2012 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by lovelyl (Post 5631284)
This looks like a fun block, thanks Dwina! And thanks, Sulabug for posting it!

lovelyl...........you are most welcome & we will be looking forward to seeing your block when it is all done. I hope that everyone is enjoying this month's block pattern. I realize that not everyone celebrates Thanksgiving, but am also excited to see what pattern's you come up with. Just enjoy making your blocks & sharing with all of us here on the Quilting Board. Sew Happy!!