Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 October 2012 BOM pictures. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-october-2012-bom-pictures-t201983.html)

lovelyl 10-22-2012 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug (Post 5602924)
Hi everyone.............I hope this finds you well & working on your sewing projects. There a few more people that we need to hear from & see their October block pictures. Before we know it the November block will be ready to post. My how this year has just flown by. Fun, fun, fun!!
:D :D :D :D

I am hoping to work on mine tomorrow! The fabric has made it all the way to my cutting table, so that is progress! I will post a pic later this week, hopefully! :o

Jenniky 10-22-2012 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanine (Post 5602332)
I finally finished my Oct Jar. It was difficult as I didn't have anything appropriate to go in it. So had to get creative. Decided against Oktoberfest beer and go with pumpkin. Wouldn't want to explain to a child about the beer!

Great job on the jar Jeanine. Im still stumped. But I feel a tiny bit of inspiration now after seeing your block. Hm mmm

VickiM 10-22-2012 06:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sulabug...your jar of cherries look good enough to eat! :)

I'm finally caught up...here's my Oct. block. I decided to make a label embroidered with "Time" on it...it's what I need most right now with everything I've got going on! :):):)

SulaBug 10-22-2012 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by VickiM (Post 5605207)
Sulabug...your jar of cherries look good enough to eat! :)

I'm finally caught up...here's my Oct. block. I decided to make a label embroidered with "Time" on it...it's what I need most right now with everything I've got going on! :):):)

VickiM..........the Jar of those delicious looking cherries was JOMARIE'S block. She chose the Jar Block for this month & I agree with you they look good enough to eat!! :D My block was two jars of ladybugs, with a touch of Halloween added to it.

I just love your Jar block of Time. It is so true that we could all use a lot more of that stuff in our lives!! :D Good thinking on this one & very nice work too. Thank you for sharing with all of us. Now you can take a break until November!!
:D :D :D :D

Anael 10-23-2012 02:47 AM

VickiM, I could use your jar too :D Great block!

bibliostone 10-23-2012 12:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well, my October blocks are finally done:

Purple/green theme: The background is light green. The flash really washed it out.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]371964[/ATTACH]

For my second (Little Bit of Red), I did not do a jar. One, because I did not think this fabric would look good in a jar and second, because I wanted to do this block (previously done for the purple/green July block) to use in the quilt I plan to keep.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]371965[/ATTACH]

Hope you enjoy them!

VickiM 10-24-2012 08:26 AM

How cute is that? And, those cherries still look good enough to eat! :)

Jeanine 10-24-2012 08:42 AM

I am greatly enjoying all the blocks. Each one so different from the next one. Thank you for this pattern.

lovelyl 10-24-2012 11:49 AM

Oct. Block

2 Attachment(s)
Here is my October block. It doesn't show well in the pic, but the orange fabric has pumpkins, squash, acorns and leaves on it. So, I canned pumpkin,squash and Hmmm.... acorns and leaves. Hope no one tries to make a pie with it! :shock:

Jeanine 10-24-2012 11:54 AM

What a wonderful fabric for this!