Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 September 2012 Calendar BOM picture's. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-september-2012-calendar-bom-pictures-t199244.html)

Teddybear Lady 09-03-2012 11:17 AM

Sulabug your block is very pretty. I like the fabrics. Also, I love seeing your smiling face in your avatar.

Debbie, The Teddybear Lady

SulaBug 09-03-2012 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Teddybear Lady (Post 5488572)
Sulabug your block is very pretty. I like the fabrics. Also, I love seeing your smiling face in your avatar.

Debbie, The Teddybear Lady

Thank You Debbie. I enjoyed making this Maple leaf block & using some funky colors to border it with. My block makes me smile too!!
:D :D :D :D

kensington 09-03-2012 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 5487177)
Here's mine. I'm not too happy with the fabric I used but I don't have fall colors so this is the best I could do. I found a design in EQ 5 and I thought I try this.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]359795[/ATTACH]

I really like this block. We live in the country and everywhere we look now the Sunflowers are out, they grow along our highway. I told dh today I want to go cut some for my porch. And I think your block looks like a tulip... So the mauve fabric is perfect for that block.

bibliostone 09-03-2012 05:32 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are my blocks for September.

This fabric does have purple in it although it looks kind of pink in this picture:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]360057[/ATTACH]

For my second block, I did not do a maple leaf block. In central Ohio, fall means Ohio State Buckeyes' football. So I used buckeye & buckeye leaf fabric with a red block O for September. Might change my mind and so something else.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]360063[/ATTACH]

I am fond of maple leaves though. Here is a lap size quilt top I've made for myself that I call "Falling Leaves". Just needs quilted.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]360064[/ATTACH]

Tweety2911 09-03-2012 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 5486848)
Oh Jeanine - that is wonderful fabric for your block! I love it!

Ditto!

All the blocks so far are very nice!

Anael 09-03-2012 09:23 PM

Thank you all for your lovely comments on my block. It made me feel a whole lot better about what I've made!

Bibliostone, I love your September blocks! The fabrics are beautiful, specially the background fabric in the O block. Your Falling Leaves is gorgeous, the colors are so warm, you should take your time to finish it.

SulaBug 09-03-2012 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by bibliostone (Post 5489346)
Here are my blocks for September.

This fabric does have purple in it although it looks kind of pink in this picture:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]360057[/ATTACH]

For my second block, I did not do a maple leaf block. In central Ohio, fall means Ohio State Buckeyes' football. So I used buckeye & buckeye leaf fabric with a red block O for September. Might change my mind and so something else.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]360063[/ATTACH]

I am fond of maple leaves though. Here is a lap size quilt top I've made for myself that I call "Falling Leaves". Just needs quilted.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]360064[/ATTACH]

bibliostone..............Your blocks for September turned out really nice. Your Maple Leaf is very pretty & the fabric color's are so beautiful. I also love your Ohio block too. It looks like you did some thinking on this one & I am sure it will be loved in your quilt. Last, but not least, I just love your Falling Leave's lap quilt top. I can hardly wait to see it again after you get it quilted & finished. Please share pictures will all of us when you are done with it. Thank you for sharing today.
:D :D :D :D

QM 09-03-2012 11:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I love that block. Thank you for sharing your versions. I just had to show off again a part of the maple leaf quilt I made my grand niece for a wedding present.

Jeanine 09-04-2012 06:17 AM

bibliostone: that second one made me laugh because yesterday when I asked my hubby what represented autumn to him he, unhesitantly, said Football!

bibliostone 09-04-2012 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by QM (Post 5489879)
I love that block. Thank you for sharing your versions. I just had to show off again a part of the maple leaf quilt I made my grand niece for a wedding present.

I really like this quilt. I need to put this into my idea quilt file!