Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

Anael 07-12-2012 12:27 PM

Congrats on your progress with your knee Gus!

katybob 07-14-2012 11:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's Week 27. The appliqued blocks have been the biggest challenge for me and I thought I was getting better at it. In fact, I was feeling a little smug about it. Then I got to the tiny hearts at the top of RS-7 -- that's the little red and purple blobs at the top of the triangles. I am going to move those hearts, especially the top and bottom right hearts on the red one -- I didn't realize how crooked they were til I looked at the picture.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]349008[/ATTACH]

QuiltnNan 07-15-2012 05:34 AM

wow, katybob, great blocks. i really did not notice the crookedness of anything until after you made me look for it. i wouldn't redo them.

CindyA 07-15-2012 05:54 AM

Katybob, I agree with Nancy. I really did not notice until I searched for it. Remember how many blocks there will be when you put it all together!

Cre8tvlwyr 07-15-2012 09:33 AM

katybob - I agree totally with Cindy and Nancy... however having said that! :) I myself took a heart out of an AOTH block and moved it over a fraction... everyone thought I had gone nuts because the difference was so slight no one noticed but me. If you really do want to do something I wouldn't change the applique at the bottom of the red - simply tuck a little of the space below it and/or remove some of the space below the heart on the left and the bottom section. I think if the spacing between the bottom section and the hearts was more even it wouldn't bother you at all and its a whole lot less work to do. It may tilt the tiny heart at the top more toward the left - if it does, dont redo the whole thing, just take out a few stitches near the point and shorten it so the point is more to the right. Again, katybob - it doesnt strike any of us until you point it out and we start to search!! Before I read what everyone wrote I thought WOW - you got them made and two of each!!!!! BRAVO :) we need to be less hard on ourselves - they are all amazing
Gus

GV09 07-15-2012 10:29 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Hello! How are all? I hope that very well!
First and foremost I wish to apologize that I'm not participating!
Life was lodged the previous week! My husband took vacations and we could finally put the House on the day, everything in its place, decorate the walls with my previous paintings and began to hang up my few quilts!
Last week could return to sew at last!
But since Tuesday that our Internet service disappeared. We have a claim from 26-05-12 by failures and cuts, but really only we now have line for a few minutes! Then it is cut and disappears for hours!
Why not have been able to reinstate me much appreciated here and missed by me!
I learn so much and get so much help, which actually with my blog, have become the reason for joy of my days!
But good... no Internet all this has been very difficult! And there is no view of solution at the moment! The telephony say it's problem of the internet and say these are the telephone! Therefore... us in the middle and no service!
I hope you understand what I wanted to explain (know that the translator is not always simple), that he didn't follow disappeared, so yesterday and today... for some magical reason, more than 10 minutes ago that I am connected... wanted to know what is happening in my life!
I finished the week 11 and also started to skip the scheduling to assemble entire by some problems color rows, so I leave at some photos of the week 11 so that they see that I am sewing and that it is not my intention to abandon this project!
I hope that you enjoy your day and have a good week! A strong hug to all!

memereof8 07-15-2012 12:09 PM

What beautiful work Gladys! I know how you feel regarding your internet and telephone company. We are always left in the middle when there is a problem. The problem is never theirs! Have a nice day.

CindyA 07-16-2012 03:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]349377[/ATTACH] I'm back and it feels good to sew again! I am very behind and needed to start with a fast and easy block. So here is D-6 Challenge.

Great blocks, Gladys!

spartan quilter 07-16-2012 05:46 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Gus, must say thanks to you for all the tuts, which have really helped me and that your road to recovery is fast and smooth.

Well, 1 family reunion down, which was just filled with food, visiting, cards and lots of water activities. So, I am back to doing a few blocks, and since I am so far behind, I am just going right down the row, and here are 3 of them. I am challenging myself to do 1 block, at least, in 2 days, and hopefully I will get caught up. These do not have the quilting done, that is a slower process. And now that I got them posted, back to the sewing machine, and hopefully get 3 more out in the next week.
Love all the blocks that have been posted'
Here is D-8, with a lot of time will be spent on this one for applique.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]349395[/ATTACH]
This one is D-9 and is a little off size, but I have decided that when I get them all together, who is going to notice.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]349396[/ATTACH]
And the last one is D-10. This one was a REAL challenge, but I muddled through it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]349397[/ATTACH]

CindyA 07-16-2012 10:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]349492[/ATTACH]D-7 Meeting Place. Another easy block, but still not caught up. :p