Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

GV09 09-20-2012 07:50 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I could not follow the thread scheduling and already spent too much time for me to update. But I'm still ahead with my blocks!
Today can show them C-5. It was horrible! but the text of the rules will continue: "Finished is better than perfect"! Hahaha!
Also TR-2 and TR-5 which I love! And a photo of the first 3 rows completed!
I hope whatever your liking and thank you for looking!
A strong hug to all!

Anael 09-20-2012 08:09 AM

Beautiful blocks Gladys! C5 is great, it doesn't look horrible :D :D but I know what you mean.

GV09 09-20-2012 08:30 AM

Hahaha!!! Thanks Anael!
I found the right word: "horrific" "dreadful" "very ugly" and many many words!
Hahaha!!
An strong hug!

mim 09-20-2012 01:15 PM

I love the idea of putting the blocks on a sheet -- when I get back to Olympia I will hang up a flannel sheet and pin blocks to it so I can see what they really look like. I'm ashamed that I haven't done even one since I got to Maine in the spring. But the gardens look beautiful and we have had lots of veggies and a lot of trees and brush cut.

I tell folks that when we go to Olympia it will be rest and vacation time. I think the melon tute is great -- thanks
Mim

Anael 09-21-2012 12:54 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are D 12 and E9.

CindyA 09-21-2012 03:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by mim (Post 5528785)
I'm ashamed that I haven't done even one since I got to Maine in the spring. But the gardens look beautiful and we have had lots of veggies and a lot of trees and brush cut.

Mim

Mim, please show us your gardens!

Everyone's blocks look terrific. :thumbup:

(not sure if my pic is going to post - computer woes and working from a different computer today.)

Cre8tvlwyr 09-21-2012 01:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I was going to spend the morning sewing ... but living only 15 miles from Malibu this is what I did instead!

Cre8tvlwyr 09-21-2012 01:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I couldnt tell if it was posting properly! hopefully you can all see the picture. It was awesome - the Pepperdine flag memorial to victims of 9-11 were still up as well. A sight to behold. For those who are unfamiliar - every year Pepperdine University in Malibu puts up one flag for each victim of the attacks at the World Trade Center, Pentagon, and flight 93 in Pennsylvania. Victims of each nation are represented with their native flags. Yes, Anael, there are a couple I identified from Nederland as well. [by the way - I have a cousin living in Deventer] The workers were actually ready to take the flags down today but were stopped in the middle of it to wait til the Endeavor passed overhead. I will post a picture with the flags as well but may not get to it today.
Gus

Oh ... here are my E-6, F-3 and F-7. I took the center of E6 apart several times and still not sure if I'm happy with it. At first the center looked real swastickerish and my family was in the Netherlands during that war so I cn't stand it when something resembles the symbol. Let me know what you think... I wanted to make the block out of a stripe, but I looked at Dottys more closely [Gladys, Cindy, Anael, and Dotty - your blocks are all terrific] at any rate - I may just chuck the stripe idea and re-do it with another fabric. Or find a red to match and use plain red with the white border??? I am almost done with E-11 and now think I shouldve used that stripe instead. will post it later

GV09 09-22-2012 09:26 AM

Gus ... great and beautiful blocks!
I increased your photo and E-6 looks great. Only lose a little Center nothing more, but the frame striped and appliqué are fantastic!
I would like to see the photo of the flag when you can, I think it is a very nice tribute!
A big hug!

CindyA 09-23-2012 06:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Tr-6
[attach=config]364849[/attach]