Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

Cre8tvlwyr 04-09-2013 08:43 AM

Not quite ready to tackly any Jane today....or for a while possibly - still have those pesky taxes and I'm staining and finishing 10' of custom cabinet for my DD's room so that things can be put away before we have company in a couple of weeks... then there's my youngest DGS's 2d b'day this Friday, my DS's next Thursday, mine next Friday.... and the list goes on!! Now getting disgruntled about finishing DJ before our Sept show because I doubt very seriously they want a completed but unquilted top in it :( and if I dont concentrate a little working on existing UFOs - I will have nothing finished :( boohooo.....

enough!

I had a thought to mention about Jane - many times when you review the directions/approach on various blogs you are told to 'mirror' patterns. Before you drive yourself absolutely crazy doing so, examine the picture and ask yourself if you will really end up with something that looks different if you don't mirror it. Some of the patterns you are told to mirror are like LS4 - it will look the same if you leave the pattern as is! The difference is that the seams will go a different direction .... example - look at katybob's LS4 [and I dont know if you mirrored it or not] ... done one way, the bottom triangle will have the right side background go over the left side background like hers and the other way the left side background will go over the right side background. Katybob's seam points up to the left, the other way it points to the right. I dont know how Jane or Brenda did it without looking, but it doesn't matter - it will end up looking the same either way. In contrast, A1 does need to be reversed, or the spin with be going the wrong way [again it doesn't really matter but in the case of A1 it will look different.]

I just thought I'd bring it up so you dont all make more work for yourselves :)
Gus

hope to show something during this next week!!

All your stuff looks great katybob & Cindy

katybob 04-09-2013 08:56 AM

I agree, Gus. Sometimes I mirror if I think of it, but more often than not I don't. If you happen to be following one of "that quilt's" tutes and she suggests that you mirror the pattern, it's helpful if you do because it's easier to follow her photos. If you're printing from the software, just click "mirror" on the options and it does the work for you.

And, p.s. Gus, don't you hate it when life gets in the way of quilting? I do! :)

Cre8tvlwyr 04-09-2013 11:36 AM

Yep!! I certainly do, katybob:rolleyes: as you can see by the fact I'm here again! no sewing... I varnished the cabinets and should be on the taxes now.... taking a 'short break' then to work :mad:
Gus

CindyA 04-11-2013 03:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]407296[/ATTACH]
LS-4

Monica, taxes, yuk!! Good luck getting them done.

bebe 04-13-2013 07:15 PM

love everyones blocks.
going to start mine on 4/24
anyone who wants to sew along with me is welcomed.
my adventure is going to be slow!!!!!!

CindyA 04-14-2013 06:37 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Two blocks here, one is a makeup.

Seem quiet here, I know around here we're starting to be able to spend more timeoutdoors. Spring is here - sort of. Just a few weeks ago we had snow, this past week the highs were close to 90. Last weekend I got my winter/summer clothing switched out. I, unfortunately, don't have a lot of closet space and must keep out of season clothing packed up. I DESPISE that job, but stuck with it until it was finished and everything put away. The garden is cleaned up and ready to plant. The grass will need to be mowed soon, hope the mower is out of the shop soon!

J-3 Rick's Volleyball Net
[ATTACH=CONFIG]408032[/ATTACH]

J-5 John Jacob's Windmill
[ATTACH=CONFIG]408033[/ATTACH]

CindyA 04-14-2013 12:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]408113[/ATTACH]

J-7 Chicken Tracks. A nice and easy block!

katybob 04-14-2013 01:03 PM

Looks like there's nobody here but us chickens, Cindy! I've been spending a lot of time outside, but it's been raining most of the day today, so I've been sewing. Unfortunately, I've been binding a quilt and not working on Jane. I'm almost done with the binding, so maybe I'll get a little Jane time in later. Your J-5 turned out great! Every time I think I've gotten better at applique a new block tells me I've got a long way to go!

Cre8tvlwyr 04-15-2013 08:17 AM

Hi Cindy and katybob!! yep blocks look awesome! [a makeup block???] I need to plant too -something I rarely do :(
taxes however are done for us and our bird outreach nonprofit. Thankfully there has been no personal bloodloss!
wish I could say I'm getting back to Jane but we had a busy day at California Wildlife Center yesterday with the birds - I though my throat hurt because I talked to much but today I'm a bit achy :(
Just thought I'd pop in to say hi ....it IS quiet!
can't believe your weather back there Cindy! I'm doing a bit of space rearrangement myself as we have company coming to stay for a week at the end of this month.
will come back soon - hopefully with a block!
Gus

GV09 04-15-2013 11:49 AM

8 Attachment(s)
Hello all Ladies!
How are you? I hope wery well! I'm back! Yes! :) : Thumbup:
I returned to the Dear Jane. I made 4 blocks that correspond to my special calendar to week 26.
Are E-13, 3-BR, BR-5 and LS-1! Me amused with triangles, two of them were more with appliqué to another technique. I have 65 blocks and 12 triangles to date!
I show them the photos and hope are to your liking!
Happy week for all!
A big hug!