Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

Cre8tvlwyr 09-29-2013 06:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
whoa.... so lots of reverse sewing on this one and still not perfect....ah well!
Here's K-10 [wk of 6/2/13] done
yay at least back to Jane
[ATTACH=CONFIG]438806[/ATTACH]

CindyA 10-09-2013 02:42 AM

That's too bad, Monica. But, yes, there's always next year. I hope you get a better time slot. I'm sure your grandsons really did enjoy the hand crank machines!!

Don't know when I'll pick up DJ again. I need to give the machine a good cleaning and oil before I sew. I HATE doing that and keep putting it off.

GV09 10-09-2013 11:10 AM

7 Attachment(s)
Hello to all! How are you? I hope to my heart that all are very well!
I´m sorry about that experience, Monica. Surely there will be a new and better opportunity!
I finished my 4 blocks of my Special week 33!
Are G-9, G-10, G-11 and G-12.
I have completed 90 blocks, 15 triangles and 2235 sewn parts!
I share photos as always in blocks, of the week, the blocks together and the triangles together!
Have a beautiful week!
A big hug!

Cre8tvlwyr 10-09-2013 06:58 PM

Gladys,
Your blocks are gorgeous!! As always :) You are catching up to us as well - you know what they say about turtles.... slow and steady!! You were a little behind but moving all the time and you may just beat this ole hare!!! [hope this translates well - an Aesop fable about the tortoise and the hare]
Monica

DottyD 10-25-2013 04:52 AM

Where is everyone - what are you doing ??????
I have joined all the blocks and sashed them and have joined all the kites and triangles and now have to join them to the blocks.
I went to a local quilt group on Wednesday evening and gave a talk on my Dear Jane journey. I had some really nice compliments and they boosted my confidence no end !!
I have been suffering from very painful back of late and have been referred to an Orthopaedic surgeon - waiting for an appointment now !!
Have a nice weekend all !

katybob 10-25-2013 05:40 AM

So good to hear from you, Dotty. I found that putting together the triangles and joining them to the blocks was much easier than I thought it would be -- even though the left side of my first DJ ended up being upside down! Have you given any more thought to how you're going to quilt it? Both of mine are folded up waiting for me to either master hand quilting or decide to machine quilt them.
Take care of your back -- there aren't many things that are as painful and debilitating.

Cre8tvlwyr 10-31-2013 07:31 PM

OK LADIES!! We have slooooowwwweed down severely - lacking leadership I guess :):rolleyes:
So I've decided to make a not yet New Year resolution an calling it my 'November Resolution!!' perhaps because I made a list of my own personal UFOs and USOs [unstarted projects for which I have all supplies!....aka UFO wanna-bes!] and came up with 40!! OMG :( shame on me! So I need to fix that beginning with Dear Jane [obviously how she got her name] I vow to have all blocks finished before the end of November ......well at least by the end of 2013. Who will join me???
Gus [aka Monica]

p.s. - Where is everyone????

adnil458 11-01-2013 02:40 AM

I have been a very bad girl. Letting life take precedence over my precious Dear Jane. November I shall get caught up since I am participating in Stitchin Heaven's DJ BOM. I haven't even opened the package I received early October. my best quilting buddy and I recently purchased a Shasiko machine, which I will use to quilt my 2 DJs. We also just purchase a HQ18 Avante that will be delivered to her house Tuesday, 1 1/2 hours away from me. After I catch up with DJ, I will be spending one week a month with her for sure :)

CindyA 11-02-2013 04:26 AM

Still here and keeping an eye on this thread. The start of the school year is always a little tough. Trying not to think about what I didn't get done but how many blocks and tris I did finish. And very pleased with my nice little stack. :) Would love to start making some progress again!! I'd also love to see everyone else start up again, I know several of us are at different places on our DJs.

JudyTheSewer 11-03-2013 05:15 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone! I'm still here but mostly just reading the entries and enjoying the progress everyone is making. Here are my blocks for Week 15. I will continue to plod along on this quilt even though my progress is slow.

Here are C6, C9, and D3. The first set is for the quilt that I'm trying to keep the fabrics similar to the original DJ with muslin and the second set contains no muslin at all:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]444790[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]444791[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]444792[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]444793[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]444794[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]444795[/ATTACH]