Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

jacquie 02-05-2012 04:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i forgot to add my blocks... lol...
i hand appliqued my circles...

spartan quilter 02-05-2012 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by jacquie (Post 4945540)
when i asked this question a while ago, i was informed that when completing 4.5" blocks we would use sashing's of 1/2inch wide FINISHED, (1 inch cutting width.) hope this helps!
love jacquie xxx
btw i LOVE your blocks and hand quilting!! really lovely!!

Thanks for the info and comment. I thought that was the measurement, but wanted to be sure.

JudyTheSewer 02-05-2012 04:36 PM

Blocks A1 & A5 (Week 3) Block B1 Not Done Yet

5 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone. I just love seeing everyone's blocks! I am so glad we are doing this journey together. Linda, I will be using the method you used on Block B1 from thatQuilt. I am procrastinating though since my eye sight is failing and I will need it to do that needle turn applique! LOL

The top two blocks are for making a DJ as close to the original as I can in a TripAroundTheWorld pattern. The second three blocks are for a second quilt where I am using fabrics from my stash to make a Chocolate Dear Jane that Sandpat made. (There are two A1 blocks for the Chocolate quilt because after fussy cutting the blue/brown stripes I decided I don't really like it well enough to feature it as the top left block. I will use it on the extra bottom row I am adding to the quilt. The extra row will make it fit my bed a bit better.)\

GV09 02-05-2012 04:48 PM

Hi, Ladies!
All blocks are awesome!
Congrats!
I love your fabrics and colors!
I could not sew this weekend!
Will accumulate me the blocks!
I hope that go back too!
A hug to all!

JudyTheSewer 02-05-2012 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by hex nut (Post 4944936)
Hello again.............
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I believe that the original b-13 was made with a single fussy-cut square -
so I decided to re-design it since every EPP needs some hexagons :p

Hex nut, your B13 is wonderful. LOVE it!

Fraew 02-05-2012 05:25 PM

Tyme, your circles look great! I have a curve master but haven't been brave enough to use it yet. Your fabulous first time curve master blocks have given me the courage to get it out. Thanks for sharing your method.

Hope you got a laugh re: frog stitching. :)

CindyA 02-05-2012 05:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Two out of the three blocks completed. Glad we'll get a catch-up week! :)

Kallie 02-05-2012 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Feathers-N-Fur (Post 4945109)
I give up. Have been trying for over an hour to upload my pic. I'm apparently not the only one not able to upload right now. I'll try again another day.

I always am unable to upload in the posting format. I actually need to upload to flicker first and then use the share button with the HTML coding or what have you and copy/paste it into the post. If you hit preview you will finally see your picture!

GV09, TymeToShine & Fraew- Thank you all so much!!

TymeToShine 02-05-2012 07:16 PM

[QUOTE=Kallie;4946643]I always am unable to upload in the posting format. I actually need to upload to flicker first and then use the share button with the HTML coding or what have you and copy/paste it into the post. If you hit preview you will finally see your picture!

Kallie,
Are you able to downsize your pictures in Paint? If you downsize to about 800 pixels, save on your desktop, you should be able to upload the pics to the board.

TymeToShine 02-05-2012 07:20 PM

Cindy A
Very nice work on your 2 blocks. I love the colors on your B10 - really turned out well.

Fraew...YES! I got a laugh when I read what frog stitching is ! :-)

Judy the sewer...great blocks! They all really turned out nicely.