Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

tomilu 02-22-2012 12:40 PM

[QUOTE=DawnFurlong;4998254]I am off cycle with everyone else, as I am enrolled in a paper piecing club at my LQS. I did start the Colorado block at the same time as everyone else did, but then didn't finish it until a week later. Also finished up my Connecticut block this past weekend. And - Delaware was where I started with my local class.

You are doing quite well, Dawn. Thanks for sharing.
tomilu

SheriR 02-22-2012 01:18 PM

[QUOTE=DawnFurlong;4998254]I LOVE looking at everyone's blocks! It is amazing how different the same block can be with different colors. I am finding that to be the hardest part of this - choosing colors.]

Dawn, Sometimes I think I spend as much time looking at colors as I do sewing the block.... I Love your blocks!

DawnFurlong 02-22-2012 01:25 PM

Thank you for the encouragement tomilu and SheriR! I am really liking paper piecing. I thought I might not like it since it is a slower process - but I actually really like the accuracy of it. Will be happy when I quit nipping off tips (it's hit and miss, though I have mostly figured out why it was happening). Liquid stitch - gotta love it!

I have to say I spend A LOT of time looking at everyone else's blocks for guidance (plus they are so pretty). Love that everyone posts pictures. So helpful! :o

moonwork42029 02-22-2012 01:29 PM

With this much wonderful encouragement, I do see myself doing all of the stars...ask me again in 20 more weeks and we'll see ;)

SheriR 02-22-2012 10:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah Colorado!!! I don't know why the picture is so big...sorry and don't look at my mistakes...I'm just glad I got another one done <3

tomilu 02-23-2012 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by SheriR (Post 4999882)
Yeah Colorado!!! I don't know why the picture is so big...sorry and don't look at my mistakes...I'm just glad I got another one done <3

You did a great job with your fussy cutting!!

Mad Mimm 02-23-2012 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by tomilu (Post 5000094)
You did a great job with your fussy cutting!!

I agree! I haven't even attempted fussy cutting yet. I was going to but with the batiks I am using it would mean too much wasted fabric - I just can't bring myself to do it. I like the colors in your block as well, nice work!

moonwork42029 02-23-2012 07:10 AM

Wonderful looking Colorado... fussy cutting can be time consuming and aggravating but it is so worth it in the end.

DawnFurlong 02-23-2012 07:47 AM

SheriR - love your Colorado!!

SheriR 02-23-2012 08:10 AM

Y'all are so sweet, thanks tomilu, mimm, moon, and Dawn. I actually nearly posted after tomilu that I'm so tired of fussy cutting. I can't seem to stop myself...lolol If there's a pattern in my fabric, I HAVE to match it up. Picking colors is just as bad. I told my hubby I need to put all my fabrics in a bag and just draw it randomly, slap it down and be happy with the star. My process would be a whole lot faster IF I could.