Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

PokerDiva 04-18-2012 12:00 PM

Deb, don't worry. Return when you can. We will be here for awhile.

wvhill22 04-18-2012 01:42 PM

I am really getting the itch to start putting my blocks together. But I want to wait to see what everyone else is going to do. I just can't decide on black white or cream. Has anyone started putting theres together? Post pics if you have.

meanmom 04-18-2012 06:57 PM

I have Iowa finished but haven't posted it. I haven't started Kansas. I have been extremely busy lately. I have a baby quilt that has to be finished by Sunday for the shower. I have made the mistake of letting people I work with know I sew and have been doing alterations on several prom dresses and an entire wedding party. I does pay well but it interrups what I want to do. THe LQS has been bugging m to teach a paper piecing class and a Spicy spiral table runner class. I have never taught a class. Not sure how I feel about this. I will have to decide soon as they will be putting out their schedule of their summer classes soon. Anyone on here teach classes. How do you like it? Oh well I need to go to bed. 5:15 seems to be coming earlier and earlier every morning.

PokerDiva 04-19-2012 05:24 AM

Don't ask me not so meanmom. I am a horrible teacher. But good luck to you.

tomilu 04-20-2012 01:49 PM

Here it is Friday afternoon and I've not even looked at Kentucky. So guess what I shall be doing Saturday...

PokerDiva 04-20-2012 01:52 PM

And I am sure it will turn out beautiful.

QuilterMomma 04-20-2012 02:50 PM

meanmom, I teach classes at my local LQS and I enjoy it. Be organized and not to many students at once and you will do great. It is not hard, I make samples for each of the steps in the process and have a completed to show and it helps in keeping things going. Worth doing.

meanmom 04-21-2012 04:16 AM

Quiltermomma thanks for the info. I am going to the LQS this morning to talk to them about what exactly they have in mind and the details. I do have a sample made but not all of the steps. I will make up my mind after talking to them. They want me to do a spicy spiral table runner, paper piecing and possible a bag (professional tote). I was surprised to hear that none of the employees at this LQS know how to paper piece. They all want me to teach them too. I do love paper piecing. I am heading there as soon as they open at 10:00. Right now I need to get to work on a baby quilt I need by tomorrow morning for a shower. I need to finish the binding, label and have a little bit of quilting to do. There is a big frog in the corner and I haven't decided how he needs to be quilted yet.

Mona Lisa 2011 04-22-2012 02:37 AM

Kentucky Star

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my Kentucky Star.

PokerDiva 04-22-2012 05:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Does anyone besides me think that Sundays keep coming faster and faster. Here is my KY. Of all the stars so far this is the one I think I could make a whole quilt of. This might be my favorite of MY blocks.