Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

PokerDiva 01-11-2012 04:07 PM

Everyone is so on the ball. I am done with mine too. Can't wait till Sunday to see all the new pretties.

whitepine 01-11-2012 04:23 PM

Is anyone else having problems with reading messages? Even with a one line message, I have to scroll to read it and some I can't read at all. This just started today or yesterday.

Janet My 01-12-2012 04:27 AM

No problems here whitepine..... You need to run a virus scan and/or the anti-spyware program...
Shutting the computer down (not just a re-start) may help too.

Mad Mimm 01-12-2012 11:19 AM

No problems reading messages here.

I am still working on Alaska - slow going this week due to baby boy deciding he is going to try walking less than a month after learning to crawl. Sheesh. Think someone is in a bit of a rush to grow up??

I will have it done by weekend and posted on Sunday - I will be perpetually but happily behind! :D

tomilu 01-12-2012 02:24 PM

We didn't get much snow last night, but the wind calmed down then back up today. However, we quilters always manage to get to the shops. Spent the day going to one yarn shop and two quilt shops and ate lunch at a really neat place. Now I'm pleasantly tired and ready to settle down for the evening. Need to finish my Bible reading for the day and harass the DH, lol.

Vanogay 01-12-2012 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by whitepine (Post 4864251)
Sounds like a fun trip. Today I'm going out looking for the snowy owl which has been seen in numbers in our area and which is very unusual.

Whitepine, saw a You TUbe today on the Snowy Owl migration into Washington. Quite a magnificant bird. And for the hooded crane, we didn't get out. The weather turned nasty and last year when we went in the rain, saw nothing at all at the reserve, so we're going next Wednesday instead. Perhaps the crane will still be there - my life list will miss it if not!

nickylsf 01-12-2012 08:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my Alaska Star. I finally got the book, which I find very handy for the cutting charts. I have been using Foundation Factory to print the patterns.

nickylsf 01-12-2012 08:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my Alaska Star. I finally got the book, which I found handy for the cutting charts. I have been using Foundation Factory to print the patterns.

tomilu 01-13-2012 05:44 AM

We have thousands of Canada geese that winter here. Huge flocks graze near ponds and rivers. The locals feed them corn as well. There are some that stay here all year long. One in particular has mated with a duck and produced the ugliest gooduck you ever saw. It is against the law to shoot them, thank goodness.

tomilu 01-13-2012 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by nickylsf (Post 4869576)
Here is my Alaska Star. I finally got the book, which I found handy for the cutting charts. I have been using Foundation Factory to print the patterns.

LOVE your star, Nicky!!!