Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

Ducky 04-03-2011 09:04 AM

I tried needleturning fairy frost fabric last night. Even though it adds a nice difference in texture, it's harder to work with than the batiks, so I won't be using them. So, I went to the Connecting Threads site because someone (I'm sorry I can't remember who) said they have new batiks. Gosh darn it, I just had to order more colors. It's funny because I thought I have soooooo many batiks, but since I've started this project, I found that I need a wider variety of colors.

JudyG 04-03-2011 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Ducky
I tried needleturning fairy frost fabric last night. Even though it adds a nice difference in texture, it's harder to work with than the batiks, so I won't be using them. So, I went to the Connecting Threads site because someone (I'm sorry I can't remember who) said they have new batiks. Gosh darn it, I just had to order more colors. It's funny because I thought I have soooooo many batiks, but since I've started this project, I found that I need a wider variety of colors.

Any excuse to buy more batiks is a good excuse. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the note about fairy frost. I was going to start appliquing (not sure how to spell that word) some blocks for a row robin with fairy frost. Your note comes in timely. I won't even waste my time. I was wondering how it would be to work with. Guess I'll search for something else to use. Thanks.

d.rickman 04-03-2011 01:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Anxiously waiting for my book to arrive, in the meantime, went shopping for fabrics and share those fabric colors in the attached picture. I would appreciate any input on my color choices. I plan on making 10" blocks using Navy Blue for the background and using batiks for the design portions. Hand applique is my preference in assembling the top.

Thanks to all those who have helped me today, learning how to get this far on the AOTH section of quilt board with posting, etc.,

Lacelady 04-03-2011 01:23 PM

ooooh, scrummy D, that lot would all work very nicely in my quilt!

Please can we know your name too? Since we are going to be friends here.

Butterflyspain 04-03-2011 01:25 PM

Hi Donna, Those are beautiful gorgeous colours that will be stunning.

With a navy blue background those will pop.

Shemjo 04-03-2011 01:28 PM

Donna? Those fabrcs look fabulous!

d.rickman 04-03-2011 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
ooooh, scrummy D, that lot would all work very nicely in my quilt!

Please can we know your name too? Since we are going to be friends here.

My first name is DONNA
and thanks for all your input, appreciate it.

Deecee 04-03-2011 02:15 PM

Beautiful array of colours Donna. Just collecting my fabrics now, and you have selected my perfect choice.

candi 04-03-2011 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by d.rickman
Anxiously waiting for my book to arrive, in the meantime, went shopping for fabrics and share those fabric colors in the attached picture. I would appreciate any input on my color choices. I plan on making 10" blocks using Navy Blue for the background and using batiks for the design portions. Hand applique is my preference in assembling the top.

Thanks to all those who have helped me today, learning how to get this far on the AOTH section of quilt board with posting, etc.,

Donna, so glad you got them posted. Woo hoo! Love your batiks! I think your quilt will be just fabulous!

JudyG 04-03-2011 02:48 PM

Beautiful fabrics, Donna. I am also using dark blue background and all those colors will be magnificent.