Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

candi 06-17-2011 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by Mousie

Originally Posted by candi

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore
I cut out 6 backgrounds on Sunday and traced the patterns on using my light box. I have been working on block #8 this week and I hope to finish it tomorrow. I am finally getting the hang of needle turn applique but my fingers on my left hand are a mess. We finally had some much needed rain the past 2 days; it was beginning to look like a dessert around here and the lakes are so low you can't launch a boat from the ramps. Come on Rain :) :) :)

I second that! Come on rain and go away lightening! We too finally got much needed rain a couple of days ago..accompanied with severe thunderstorms and lightening that the fires spread even more. We walk out to lots of smoke here.

Looking forward to your 8, Losie.

oh...that's where the smoke is coming from eh?
we got some nice rain yesterday, but we also got lots of lightening :shock:
Ever since I watched that twister 30 feet from the bed/window in April, for the first time in my life...I am flinching at storms now.
Too close for comfort. Right between us and the house next door.
Right down the center!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Aw Mousie, that is scary.
Yup, fires in St. Johns county and Georgia too...it is better with the smoke today, but I guess the way the wind was we were getting a LOT of smoke the beginning of the week.

Mousie 06-17-2011 07:33 AM

glad it's better for you...since there really isn't any smoke here ;-) ...maybe if I stand on my porch and look real hard, I'll see you...wave your blocks, ok? :lol:

candi 06-17-2011 07:38 AM

glad it's better for you...since there really isn't any smoke here ;-) ...maybe if I stand on my porch and look real hard, I'll see you...wave your blocks, ok? :lol:

Waving my blocks...the sun should reflect the metallic in the bobbin work, can you see me? Jumping up and down and racing side to side...looking for those gold earrings on the little ears...can't see you, but you should see me as I am 5 9" here :mrgreen:

Mousie 06-18-2011 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by candi

Waving my blocks...the sun should reflect the metallic in the bobbin work, can you see me? Jumping up and down and racing side to side...looking for those gold earrings on the little ears...can't see you, but you should see me as I am 5 9" here :mrgreen:

I do, I do see you! wow, 5'9...you look so little from here, lol :lol:
I do have gold earrings, but not the kind the 'cousins' wear! :wink:

QuiltswithConvicts 06-19-2011 04:10 AM

Good Morning, everyone! I didn't get this posted last night as I went to bed too early to post. Sowwy!

Happy Father's Day to all our Dads out there.

Can you believe that we are beginning Week 3 of our project? At the rate we are going, we should all be finished is just a couple of months. Only kidding.

This week we are going to tackle the dreaded reverse applique Block #10. Since I am using freezer paper, I stitched a piece of light lavender batik down first, trimmed out the back then added another piece of black & trimmed. Same results, different technique. I think I like this one. Other than the little frame, there's not too mycu here, but it looks so neat & tidy. Big pieces give room for some creative uses of our fabric.

Post your pictures of Block 10 on the Block #10 thread. My new version is up there.

Happy stitching.

P.S. If you find you are having any trouble, as always there are laies here who are willing to get you our of your predicament.

Mousie 06-19-2011 05:43 PM

kathy, I love you for coming up with that idea!!! mwah!!!
a teen-incey mousie kiss on top of your head...why, yes, I am on a stool ;-)

Flossy 06-21-2011 11:25 AM

Just to let all Lesley's friends on the board know that she is in hospital, They could not do her surgery today-some emergency, so she is being kept in until Friday and hopefully it will be done then, so with a bit of luck she will be home by the week end. I will leave Lesley to explain the details to you then.
Florence.

candi 06-21-2011 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Flossy
Just to let all Lesley's friends on the board know that she is in hospital, They could not do her surgery today-some emergency, so she is being kept in until Friday and hopefully it will be done then, so with a bit of luck she will be home by the week end. I will leave Lesley to explain the details to you then.
Florence.

Sending her healing thoughts and good wishes for speedy recovery.

Fabric Galore 06-21-2011 12:59 PM

I will certainly miss Lesley and I will have in her my prayers. Thanks for letting us know she is in hospital.

Deecee 06-21-2011 01:24 PM

Wishing Lesley all the best and prayers for a good outcome.