Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

woody 01-15-2012 12:35 AM

The book is on order so hopefully when the kids go back to school in February I will be able to start, I'm looking forward to giving this a try, as all your blocks look fantastic, you all inspire me :thumbup:

Fabric Galore 01-20-2012 04:03 PM

We just returned from Collier-Seminole SP where we camped for 3 nights. I didn't finish Block #3 but I got a good start. I enjoyed watching nature and sight seeing so I didn't do as much work on AOTH as I thought I would. Tomorrow is Sat. and hopefully I will be able to work on my block and still get some laundry done. Collier-Seminole is almost in the Florida Everglades and is south of Naples, FL. Beautiful weather, but crowded with "snow birds". We met several lovely couples from up north. They sure do love our winter sunshine, and so do I.

candi 01-20-2012 04:23 PM

Glad you enjoyed yourself, add me to loving the sunshine club :)

d.rickman 01-20-2012 04:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Today, I put the binding on my Affairs of the Heart quilt, and accidently cut the front of the binding 1/2 inch less than I had wanted to, so placed on a faux binding in the same fabric, just needs a little tweeking, and need to add a label
Don't know why I always forget to do that? I would post a pic, but I don't know how to do that on QB now with the new and improved system...

Millstream Mom 01-20-2012 05:24 PM

Breath-taking!

Deecee 01-20-2012 07:33 PM

Well obviously you worked out how to post a pic Donna.

It is absolutely beautiful - I love everything about it. :thumbup:

sandpat 01-21-2012 07:18 AM

Glad you got the pic thing figured out! Its gorgeous!

Cre8tvlwyr 01-21-2012 11:14 AM

Kathy and Donna - WOW WOW.....WOW!!!
Candi - "now" you are officially behind?? I still only have 12 blocks done and haven't posted the last 3 or 4 yet. Why is it that I never finish anything before I start three or four other projects?? Is that what a pyramid scheme in quilting looks like? [my house that is??] :roll:
:eek: ....where did the roll go?

Fabric Galore 01-21-2012 01:16 PM

Congraulations Donna. Your quilt is beautiful and it is FINISHED. I still have 8 squares to finish and then the borders. I figure I will finish the quilt over the summer. I have 2 quilts due to be finished in May and I am also working on a Centennial quilt for our church. Since I am a glutton for quilting, I also signed up for the 2nd DJ cyber party. It keeps me happy and out of the bingo parlors.:D

QuiltswithConvicts 01-22-2012 04:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Good Morning! This is Week #34. The schedule calls for us to do Block #4. It's not as easy as the past few blocks have been, but not the worst block in the quilt. There is a little bit of everything in it. Have fun. Just remember that creating an Affairs of the Heart quilt is just like eating an elephant. How do you eat an elephant? Why, one bite at a time!!!

Happy Stitching!