Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

Fabric Galore 06-17-2013 03:24 PM

Hi Candi,
I just returned from a 2 week vacation so I haven't got much work done on my quilt. I am using corner blocks and I am still working on the first corner. I hope that this month will be quiet and I will be able to get the top finished. I spent today unpacking and trying to straighten up the house a little bit. I hope to work on it tomorrow.
Thanks for asking; it's good to hear from you. Have you quilted yours yet?

candi 06-18-2013 10:16 AM

Sadly Losie-I haven't started quilting and still contemplating what to do! I FMQ much better on my swing machine than the LA, but this is a monster quilt that I am hesitant to quilt on my home machine-so it sits until I either gain enough experience to long arm it or enough courage to FMQ at home lol. Can't wait to see yours.

Fabric Galore 06-19-2013 01:56 PM

Candi,
I finally got a couple of hours this afternoon to work on my quilt and I am enthused about getting it finished. I can understand your quandary about quilting. I did a couple of quilts on the LA in Orlando and I felt like I was driving a Mac truck. It was so hard to steer. I would love to hand quilt mine since everything else is hand work but I would never get it finished. I guess I will machine quilt it on my Janome 11000. I bought a 5 ft. folding table to put on the side of my sewing table and if I can clean off my cutting table I should have plenty of room to work. I have quilted larger quilts on my machine and I didn't have the folding table. My arms got so tired from holding up all of that weight. I hope this will go smoother if I ever get it finished. Good talking to you.

Fabric Galore 06-24-2013 09:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I finally finished the first corner on my border. I noticed that I had not embroidered the green leaves on 2 of my borders so I have more work to do before it will be completed. I call this my Gala AOTH quilt because the border was inspired by a roll of Gala paper towels.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]420838[/ATTACH]

woody 06-25-2013 12:12 AM

Wow Losie, your border is fantastic, it will be a stunning quilt when it's done.

I still have 7 blocks to go and then my border. I am also scared about quilting it, but I really want it to be all my work so I will just have to bite the bullet and do it.
Are you going to use a black batting? Mine is batiks on black too and I'm not sure about using a white batting as I would hate for it to beard.
Has anyone had any problems with bearding?

candi 06-25-2013 12:16 PM

Losie, it is looking fabulous! Love it.

Woody, hopefully one of the ladies who used black background will answer you about bearding, but i have used black backing before on quilts and never had a problem. My batting of choice if dream cotton or dream orient.

Fabric Galore 06-25-2013 03:21 PM

Woody, I couldn't find black batting locally but I ordered it online. It is Hobbs Heirloom 80/20 and it can be quilted up to 3 1/2" apart. I think I am going to preshrink my batting because I don't want my quilt to pucker when it is finished. Good luck with your final 7 blocks. I'd love to see some pictures of your completed blocks.

woody 06-26-2013 01:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are my first 25 blocks, this is my first try at needleturn and I am getting much better at it LOL
[ATTACH=CONFIG]421203[/ATTACH]

sewmerry 06-26-2013 03:45 AM

Woody, this is one amazing quilt !! Beautiful work and I'm sure you have put in a million hours on it..

candi 06-26-2013 06:45 AM

Gorgeous, Woody.