Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

MadQuilter 01-31-2011 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Lacelady

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
rapraprap, taptaptap - that's fingers rapping on the table and toes tapping with impatience. Still waiting for my book. heavy sigh. Not that I would actually start immediately. (Too many "must do" projects right now) but......

Poor Martina - so sorry yours hasn't arrived yet - surely it can't be much longer. Where did you order it from?

amazon....and I haven't gotten a "this order has shipped" notice. Gotta go check what's up.

Lacelady 01-31-2011 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by quilts4fun
Ok, I'm in too. Oredered my book and it should be here this week. (fingers crossed) I will also be doing mine with a black back ground, and most likly batiks.

Good for you - hurrah, another convert. Plenty of time to get both, and you really won't want big pieces of anything other than the background. A scrappy quilt could look very good.

Lacelady 01-31-2011 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Lacelady

rapraprap, taptaptap - that's fingers rapping on the table and toes tapping with impatience. Still waiting for my book. heavy sigh. Not that I would actually start immediately. (Too many "must do" projects right now) but......

Poor Martina - so sorry yours hasn't arrived yet - surely it can't be much longer. Where did you order it from?

amazon....and I haven't gotten a "this order has shipped" notice. Gotta go check what's up.

Yes, I think you do Martina - they are usually very good in my experience. I hope nothing has gone wrong, especially as they seem to have the best prices.

lots2do 01-31-2011 02:57 PM

I'm in! Will probably do needleturn and am not sure about colors yet. This would be a great summer project. I'll look for the book right now!
Thanks, for the invite!
lots2do

lots2do 01-31-2011 03:09 PM

Just ordered what looks to be the last copy for now from Amazon and while I was at it found a copy of A Year of Flower Blocks which I've been wanting too. Happy b-day to me, a little early! :)

Lacelady 01-31-2011 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by lots2do
Just ordered what looks to be the last copy for now from Amazon and while I was at it found a copy of A Year of Flower Blocks which I've been wanting too. Happy b-day to me, a little early! :)

Oooh, a nice treat for you birthday, lovely.
I think amazon themselves might not have many left, but they are listing 20 new from other suppliers from $13.30 and 14 used (which in my experience often means new too) from $11.68, so I think there will still be plenty to go round for a while yet.

MadQuilter 01-31-2011 03:53 PM

Oh -guess what: Because my AOTH book is in with a PRE-order, it is scheduled to be shipped WITH the PRE-ordered release EARLY APRIL. ROFL - I am patient but not that much.

sandpat 01-31-2011 04:48 PM

Oh good, looks like there are quite a few more joining in with the group! I'm so happy to see so many. Just so you all know...I'm usually in waaaayyy over my head with any project, but I have fun anyway and I usually DO get them finished!

I can't wait to see pics of the award winning quilt...please do show it!

Mad, you can have that shipment split shipped, can't you?

PKWard 01-31-2011 05:47 PM

I may be crazy, but I'm in! I ordered my book from Amazon today. Can't wait to get it!!!

sandpat 01-31-2011 05:52 PM

Nah, you aren't crazy! You'll fit right in with this crowd!