Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/another-mystery-quilt-train-ride-our-5th-trip-t215243.html)

Shadowirish 03-02-2013 09:51 PM

Another possibility

1 Attachment(s)
Or this maybe?

SulaBug 03-03-2013 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 (Post 5899572)
Oh Boy! Table runners! OOOOHH! A hunting I shall go thru my stash! Maybe make several & put aside for Christmas presents! Sulabug....don't you go shopping my stash again!! Time to break out the chocolate to nibble while hunting! Will post pictures of fabric later!

Hi Cindy,
What do you mean don't shop in your stash again? :D I live to far away from you to shop in your stash. What color's do you think you will use for this project? I just might have the same ones, we'll have to wait & see. Have fun picking out your fabric's, I can hardly wait to see what you are going to use!!
:D :D :D :D

mimiknoxtaylor 03-03-2013 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Lstew2212 (Post 5898517)
I am on board again, I have never made a table runner. I am going to look for train rides 1-3. I signed onto the board when train #4 left the station. Thanks Judy.

I jumped on the train just before Stew. Haven't finished #4 but my blocks are done & actually had enough precut squares in my scrap cuts to do more than 1. Love them so far and all the finishing pieces are cut & ready to sew. Thanks Judy for such great stash busters!

Cindy60545 03-03-2013 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug (Post 5900224)
Hi Cindy,
What do you mean don't shop in your stash again? :D I live to far away from you to shop in your stash. What color's do you think you will use for this project? I just might have the same ones, we'll have to wait & see. Have fun picking out your fabric's, I can hardly wait to see what you are going to use!!
:D :D :D :D

What I mean is that your stash & my stash are so close that I always see cloths in your projects that I have. At least I know who to go to if ever I'm short on something! I'll go explore my stash later today & post my colors.

calano1 03-03-2013 03:59 AM

Those are stunning colors for a runner .....love it!:thumbup:

chefbwarner 03-03-2013 04:33 AM

I am happy to hear there are no rules about finishing one before starting the next. LOL I am still working on the one before the last one. And trying to get my "curved illusion" log cabin done up. So when I finish a round of the log cabin I go back to the mystery and on and on. Since my dog sleeps on our coffee table, she's a wee thing, I think the table runner will go to son. He has no goggies. Have to look for some more manly browns perhaps and toss in a blue. Hmmm thinking, thinking. LOL my dining room table will never be cleared enough for a runner. Guess what's on it. Rulers, gadgets and those sort of things need to be close at hand when I sew in the kitchen. I do have a dedicated room but like to be out here so I can watch two TV's. Is that bad ??? Have a great day. Retta from still way too cold Florida. Come on sun.

Aurora 03-03-2013 04:43 AM

WhitePine, I like your idea of using Patriotic colors. I was just looking at our County Fair Floral Hall Schedule for 2013 and noticed a category for a Patriotic item; I think I will take this opportunity to get an item finished for that entry. Thanks for the idea. Definitely need to purchase a couple of fabrics.

Lstew2212 03-03-2013 04:57 AM

[QUOTE=jaba;5899412]I have 2 sets picked out that I think I am going to use. I love table runners and use them all the time in my kitchen, dining room, coffee table in the living room and in the enclosed patio on that table too. So fun. Change them for every season and every holiday I just think it adds a little something. And they make great gifts. Here's what I'm thinking for 2 runners:[ATTACH=CONFIG]399272[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]399273[/ATTACH][/QUO

TE]

I love both of your fabric choices. Seeing your fabric choices has given me an idea for my fabric. Thanks

Lstew2212 03-03-2013 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Shadowirish (Post 5900109)
How's this look ?

I love the Halloween Idea, great fabric choices.

coopah 03-03-2013 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by cat-on-a-mac (Post 5899034)
I also have no where to use a table runner .... but, I'm game to try this out anyway and maybe I'll have a gift to "stash" away for that unexpected housewarming or something. Off to my "cat-cave" to see what fabric combo I can come up with!

Thanks Judy for taking us all on another ride!

Hey COAM, you could enlarge the runner a bit and have a "cat spot." You know the place where they always like to be...when they aren't interrupting your sewing!
To those who want warm weather, you'll have to keep moving south. It is blasted cold here...the wind really bites! Mom comes home from hip replacement rehab and what a bummer to have it be so cold. Judy...I'm in for this one. Love, love, love table runners! They get finished!! Thanks for getting the train and brains working!