Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/another-mystery-quilt-train-ride-our-5th-trip-t215243.html)

roserips 03-03-2013 01:05 PM

I am so glad that we are doing a table runner as I could really use a few of those and tend to give them away faster than I make them. So to the stash for 4 fabrics.

reeskylr 03-03-2013 01:07 PM

Ooo, I love the colors popping up everywhere, there are going to be some beautiful runners!!

Belfrybat 03-03-2013 01:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have two picked out, but not sure about the Christmas focus fabric -- the design might be too large--the mouse and angel are about 2-3/4" tall. On the stars, you can't see them, but there are small medium blue stars throughout the fabric and the background is navy, not black as it show up here. Trying to decide between the light blue -- patterned or not? Thoughts anyone?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]399525[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]399527[/ATTACH]

dungeonquilter 03-03-2013 02:23 PM

Can't wait to get started. I was thinking about getting started on some Christmas presents early, so this is perfect.

meanmom 03-03-2013 03:22 PM

I was thinking about skipping this ride as I need a quilt quickly for a friend. I was hoping to use this one for her. After seeing everyones fabrics I will have to join in. I have made numerous table runners but only have 2 myself. I have been making them for my mom for all holidays for the last couple of years. I didn't know what to get for an 85 year old. SHe has fun playing with them I think she has 10 of them now. She switches them out for the seasons and different occasions and put out some of the pretty things from her china cabinet on them. I will have to go shop in my stash.
Judy, would it work to use a couple of different fabrics in the same color family as one fabric. I'm not sure how big some of the pieces in my stash are?

whitepine 03-03-2013 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles (Post 5901091)
or a red,white and blue print for 'A' and reads almost solid Red print , RAS blue print & RAS white print

Good idea Sunliten. Right now I'm waiting to see what Judy says about Meanmom's question of using a couple of different fabrics in the same color family as one fabric, and Cannyquilter's question about needing WOF cuts. If I can use up some fat quarters it would be nice, but of course shopping is even nicer. :cool:

m-fay 03-03-2013 05:41 PM

I'm in too scroll backwards to #53 and you'll see my fabrics

paulswalia 03-03-2013 05:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Since they are table runners, I'll take two! Here's my choice of fabrics. Choices are A thru D, right to left.

irishrose 03-03-2013 07:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Let's see if this works. The left two are the ones I was concerned whether they'd be too close in color, but I don't think so. The print batik has quite a bit of purple and green. Thinking about looking for a light green to replace the creamy one.
Attachment 399651

meanmom 03-03-2013 08:00 PM

Ok I couldn't stand to not do this so I went upstairs and picked out fabrics. I have 5 that I like together. I will have to see if the pieces are big enough then eliminate one of them. I have them laying out on my cutting table to stare at for a couple of days to make sure I like the combo I have. I will try to post photos tomorrow. I need to go to bed. It is 11:00PM here and 5:20AM seems to keep coming earlier and earlier.
Irish I like your colors. The cream color looks fine but a green would be pretty too.