Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Baltimore Album BOM June Block (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/baltimore-album-bom-june-block-t128939.html)

hobbykat1955 06-14-2011 05:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
OK found some time yesterday to complete mine...

BonniFeltz 06-14-2011 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
OK found some time yesterday to complete mine...

They are coming along nicely. I am still working on mine. Sigh. :)

Woman 06-15-2011 12:02 PM

Sorry for your lost, saying prayers for you and your family.

jljack 06-15-2011 12:02 PM

I am far behind but pressing onward!! I have the center, one corner and part of 2nd corner done. No inside border done, no May done, no June done.

That puts me in last place...probably!! LOL!!

BonniFeltz 06-15-2011 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
I am far behind but pressing onward!! I have the center, one corner and part of 2nd corner done. No inside border done, no May done, no June done.

That puts me in last place...probably!! LOL!!

No, I think *I* am in last place. I only have the center, one corner done and May almost done. No inner border (think I won't put one on) and no June yet as well as needing to get three corners done. that's ok. No pressure since this is at our own time schedule. Just make sure to download the new blocks for when you DO have time for them.

Quilt at your own pace. This isn't stuff that can be rushed without mistakes happening....yeah, I know this from personal experience. LOL.

Hang in there.

Bonni

jeninemd 06-15-2011 05:58 PM

I am the one in last place. So far I haven't gotten all the patterns and fully intend to make them but, due to too many irons in the fire, I haven't started any of the blocks yet. I do love the patterns though and appreciate the opportunity to get them. I keep hoping my life will settle down a little so I can start stitching them.

mshollysd 06-16-2011 09:37 AM

I just bought the background fabric, washed it, and it is in the dryer. I am the last one. I printed out the patterns and will be working on it tonight.

BonniFeltz 06-16-2011 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by mshollysd
I just bought the background fabric, washed it, and it is in the dryer. I am the last one. I printed out the patterns and will be working on it tonight.

I'm not sure who will be the last one (grins) but at least I know I am in wonderful company. Besides this way we get to see what everybody else has done to give us inspiration. :)

mshollysd 06-17-2011 04:04 AM

Well I started it, tried using the interfacing technique on the pieces, what a crazy thought. Just about lost my mind trying to turn them inside out. Last night I used the freezer paper, and then used the basting thread in my bobbin, and truly loved it. I am going to have blanket stitch over raw edges, but I am ok with that. I will post a picture when I get finished with the center square, Really wanted to do it with black background but it is a pain to line up the pattern with black.

BonniFeltz 06-17-2011 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by mshollysd
Well I started it, tried using the interfacing technique on the pieces, what a crazy thought. Just about lost my mind trying to turn them inside out. Last night I used the freezer paper, and then used the basting thread in my bobbin, and truly loved it. I am going to have blanket stitch over raw edges, but I am ok with that. I will post a picture when I get finished with the center square, Really wanted to do it with black background but it is a pain to line up the pattern with black.

Congrats on starting! Once you get started I think it, as well as this group, just inspires you to continue. It's that first step. Then I thought, well I finished one block, so I should be able to finish another block. I am doing needle turn on this which is a major pain for me but looking over the blocks I see I am getting a little better at it. I might just do another one but use light fusible and hand stitch around it. It would be far less stressful on me. LOL.