Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   BOM 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/bom-2011-a-t60065.html)

Momma_K 12-10-2010 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by slvrseven
why not try a ' around the world block sampler" oriental block- celtic block etc. Blocks that represent cultures from around the world - just a thought .

:roll: Wouldn't or couldn't that include, oriental houses or of other cultures? Stars could even tie in there somehow to make everyone happy! Heck I don't know, my imagination runs away with me at times. Sorry.:lol:

LaurieE 12-10-2010 08:47 AM

I'm all for houses. I've been wanting to make one for a long time and this will help me get it done.

hheelleenn 12-10-2010 03:52 PM

Hey, make that the center block. Around the world

Minnisewta 12-10-2010 03:55 PM

How does the BOM work and how do I sign up?

hheelleenn 12-10-2010 04:01 PM

Hmmmmmm.... Houses around the world. Holland-windmills, Jamaica-Tiki huts, Alaska- Igloo, France-chateau, England-Cottage mmmmmm, might work. Just thinking out loud.

craft phanatic 12-10-2010 04:05 PM

I liked the idea of a town square idea with different building in the town around it but now I also love the idea of houses from different regions and countries. Now I want to do a quilt in both styles!

hheelleenn 12-10-2010 04:51 PM

I looked around, couldn't find too much in patterns for houses but found in general around the worldalaska-alaska homestead

lebanon- cedars of lebanon

spain-castles in spain

Ireland-celtic sunrise

Israel-children of Israel

China-Chinese lantern Chinese coins, or chinese puzzle

Greece-greek cross

Japan-Japanese garden, japanese lantern, or japanese poppy

england-london roads,london square

malta-maltese cross, maltese cross and star, maltese star

mexico-mexican cross

Trip around the world center block ???

Momma_K 12-10-2010 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by hheelleenn
Hmmmmmm.... Houses around the world. Holland-windmills, Jamaica-Tiki huts, Alaska- Igloo, France-chateau, England-Cottage mmmmmm, might work. Just thinking out loud.

There ya go! You said what I was thinking but the words wouldn't come! But yes thats exactly what I was trying to say, An International flare, houses but with accents from around the world! :thumbup:

England...Castles? Celtic Crosses...a mixture of it all as long as it's International? I do like your list. Thanks!

cherylmae 12-10-2010 10:05 PM

Well I guess we are still in the question mark stage? Will stay tuned! Love all the ideas!

pdcakm 12-11-2010 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Minnisewta
How does the BOM work and how do I sign up?

check out page one of the thread. you don't have to sign up, just participate since you are making blocks for yourself. hope you enjoy it. right now we are voting on which theme we would like for the blocks.