Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter "Easy Street" thread? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/bonnie-hunter-easy-street-thread-t206174.html)

happylab 11-17-2012 04:16 PM

I plan on doing this mystery each week. Last year I got all of my scraps together, but that's as far as it got. This year I will complete this project. I'm so looking forward to this project. I love her colors and have all colors except the purple together. Will need to go through all my purple fat quarters in my stash and pick my colors. Then, Next week plan on washing this fabric. So I'm ready on the 23rd. my fabric mostly was bought at Local quilt store, which had buy 8 fat quarters, get 8 free of fat quarters free, one weekend. The next weekend she had buy 8 yards of fabric, get 8 yards free. Yes I took advantaged of these sales. Looking forward to chatting and sewing with everyone.

Pam H 11-17-2012 07:45 PM

I think I'll do this. I had never done a mystery quilt before this year. Now this will be my 5th! The LQS is closing the end of the month and has 50% off everything. No sense shopping the stash....even though it had a sudden growth spurt this month. :)

kydeb 11-17-2012 08:40 PM

I'm all ready to start! Orca Bay was the first mystery I ever joined and I loved it. I pretty much love everything Bonnie does so I'm looking forward to walking down this 'Easy Street' with her!!

Grandma Cindy 11-17-2012 09:48 PM

This will be my first on-line mystery quilt. I have my colors except for the 2 yards of gray, am still looking. Bonnie sure works some beautiful magic.

JeanieG 11-17-2012 10:05 PM

I emailed Patrice about where she wanted us to put the information on Easy Street, but she never got back to me. We can just use this thread if it is ok with her. I have done her last two mysteries and they turn out awesome!

blueheavenfla 11-17-2012 11:11 PM

I hope to find time to join in on Easy Street. Got the fabric for half as suggested (from my stash. Will be watching this Easy Street thread.
Donna

Quiltaddiction 11-18-2012 02:10 AM

I will be joining in to I have all the fabrics ready to go and just got a couple of her books off Amazon. They are amazing I don't think I've made a quilt quite this big before. I'm looking forward to it. The colours are delicious! It will be my second mystery quilt online.

suelovesquilts 11-18-2012 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat (Post 5661747)
Will there be a thread here following the new Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt? I noticed there was for the last one. She states that this one will be easier than the Orca. This will be my first and would love some company. The link for fabric requirements and colours is http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2012/...sy-street.html

Belfry--I'll be joining you! I can't wait! I had all of her colors in my stash....I'm using dark grey instead of light grey. Don't know if I'll have time to prewash--maybe today. Let the fun begin...its my first mystery with her!

pokeyscorner 11-18-2012 06:59 AM

Belfrybat,
I have decided to jump in & do this also, Pam H. you inspired me to go for it. Want to thin some of my older fabrics out so I can buy more.:D Not sure about the grey though. Not a grey person. We'll see, picking fabrics for a mystery quilt is always a challenge -- even when I already own it.:p

Belfrybat 11-18-2012 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 5664305)
I emailed Patrice about where she wanted us to put the information on Easy Street, but she never got back to me. We can just use this thread if it is ok with her. I have done her last two mysteries and they turn out awesome!

I had intended this to be a question but if it's going to turn into the main thread for Easy Street, how do I contact a moderator to see if they would take my question mark off the title and make it a sticky? I'm new on the board and don't know procedures.